17 June 1999|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13 st 5 lb)|
29th overall, 2017|
Henri Jokiharju (born 17 June 1999) is a Finnish professional ice hockey defenseman currently playing as a prospect to the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League (NHL). Jokiharju was selected 29th overall by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Jokiharju was brought up first in the Jokerit youth program, playing for their under-16 and under-18 teams in 2013-14 and 2014–15, respectively, before joining the under-18 and under-20 teams of Tappara in 2015–16. In his draft eligible year, 2016–17, Jokiharju went to play for the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL). He posted nine goals and 39 assists in 71 games for a total of 48 points. In the playoffs, the Winterhawks defeated the Prince George Cougars in six games before dropping out in five to the Kelowna Rockets, with Jokiharju adding three assists in 11 games during the playoff run. Jokiharju was named to the Western Conference Second-Team All-Star during the 2017–18 season.
On 12 June 2018, Jokiharju signed a three-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. After participating at the Blackhawks training camp, Jokiharju made his NHL debut on 4 October in the Blackhawks' season opener against the Ottawa Senators. In his second game, Jokiharju recorded his first NHL point with an assist on captain Jonathan Toews' goal in a 5–4 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues.
Both his father and brother also play hockey. His father Juha played professional hockey with Jokerit in the SM-liiga and Skellefteå AIK in the Swedish Hockey League while his older brother Juho plays NCAA hockey at Clarkson University.
Regular season and playoffs
|World Junior Championships|
|IIHF World U18 Championship|
|2016 United States|
Awards and honours
|West Second All-Star Team||2018|
- Hine, Chris (25 June 2017). "Blackhawks trade down, select D Henri Jokiharju with 29th pick in NHL draft". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Hawks Select Two Players in CHL Import Draft". winterhawks.com. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Glass, Jokiharju Named to WHL's Western Conference All-Star Teams; Glass Named Most Sportsmanlike Player". winterhawks.com. 31 March 2018. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Jokiharju agrees to three-year contract with Blackhawks". NHL.com. 12 June 2018. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Fraser, Callum (4 October 2018). "Blackhawks at Senators preview". NHL.com. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- Wescott, Chris (7 October 2018). "RECAP: Blackhawks 5, Blues 4 OT". NHL.com. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Sabres acquire Henri Jokiharju". Buffalo Sabres. 9 July 2019. Retrieved 9 July 2019. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "2017 NHL Draft: Jokiharju soars to stardom with Winterhawks". whl.ca. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Chicago Blackhawks first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to a Finnish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|