1977(age 43), Worcester, South Africa
|Occupation||Photographer, film director|
|Style||Snapshot aesthetic, documentary, natural beauty|
Purienne was born in Worcester, South Africa.
Purienne began his career making documentary films influenced by the realist aesthetic of filmmakers such as Eric Rohmer and John Cassavetes. His subjects are predominantly natural looking girls often set against beach- or poolside situations.
He has created advertising campaigns and editorials for the brands Louis Vuitton, Maison Kitsuné, American Apparel, Maison Margiela, Interview Magazine, Playboy, Vogue, Lui, and Purple often featuring contemporary 'it girls' such as Sky Ferreira, Emily Ratajkowski, Camille Rowe, and Aymeline Valade.
- Purienne, Henrik (2013). Purienne. Prestel. ISBN 978-3-7913-4827-8.
- Purienne, Henrik (2016). Holiday. Prestel. ISBN 978-3-7913-8271-5.
- 2012 - D&AD Yellow Pencil, 'Professional Awards' category, for commercial film / campaign directed by Purienne, titled 'MK is...', for South African music television channel MK
- "Stellenbosch Academy
- " Sun, sand and sex, Henrik Purienne's sunkissed pictures of beach beauties "so real they are confused for art]", Dazed Digital
- Review Dazed Digital
- Interview Paper Journal
- Louis Vuitton
- Interview Kitsune
- The man behind American Apparel Ads
- Maison Margiela
- Interview Magazine
- Lui Magazine
- Ferreira Maison Kitsune
- Emily Ratajkowski Tumblr
- Camille Rowe
- Aymeline Valade
- Mirage Magazine[permanent dead link]
- Ogilvy's innovative MK campaign
- Paper Journal – Interview Henrik Purienne
- 10and5 – Henrik Purienne
- Discover and Escape – Purienne
- La Canvas – Pure pleasure Henrik Purienne