|Born||1977 (age 40), Worcester, South Africa|
|Occupation||Photographer, Film Director|
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Style||Snapshot aesthetic, documentary, natural beauty|
Purienne began his career making documentary films influenced by the realist aesthetic of filmmakers such as Eric Rohmer and John Cassavetes. His subjects are predominantly natural looking girls often set against beach- or poolside situations.
Purienne has created advertising campaigns in his signature style for brands such as American Apparel, Maison Kitsuné, and Costume National, often featuring contemporary 'it girls' such as Sky Ferreira, or Emily Ratajkowski.
- Purienne - What do you say to them that's so fucking funny?. Brighton: Create Publishing, 2013. Zine, edition of 50.
- Purienne, Henrik (May 21, 2013). Purienne. Prestel. ISBN 978-3-7913-4827-8.
- 2012 - D&AD Yellow Pencil, 'Professional Awards' category, for commercial film / campaign directed by Purienne, titled 'MK is...', for South African music television channel MK
- 2013 - Create Studios, Brighton & Hove, England
- "Stellenbosch Academy
- "Purple Diary
- " Sun, sand and sex, Henrik Purienne's sunkissed pictures of beach beauties "so real they are confused for art]", Dazed Digital
- Review Dazed Digital
- Interview Paper Journal
- The man behind American Apparel Ads
- Interview Kitsune
- Ferreira Maison Kitsune
- Emily Ratajkowski Tumblr
- Lui Magazine
- Grazia Magazine
- Marie Claire
- Mirage Magazine
- "http://www.createpublishing.co.uk/Purienne-What-do-you-say-to-the-that-s-so-fucking-funny-SOLD-OUT". Create Publishing. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014. External link in
- Ogilvy's innovative MK campaign
- "Henrik Purienne - Exhibition in Brighton, Brighton and Hove". Brighton & Hove City Council. Archived from the original on 14 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
Space @ Create ... The first UK exhibition of work from South African fashion photographer and documentary filmmaker Henrik Purienne, founder and editor in chief of iconic fashion magazine Mirage.