Henry Manuel Andrade (born April 17, 1962) is an American-Cape Verdean hurdler. One of the best hurdlers in the United States during the 1980s and early 1990s who, after years of frustration in the American Olympic Trials, achieved his opportunity to compete in the Olympics by obtaining dual citizenship through his parent's ancestry and representing the Cape Verde Islands in the 1996 Summer Olympics at the age of 34. Unfortunately, when his olympic moment was to occur, he showed up with a severe injury and was unable to make it out of the heats. Earlier in the season, he set the Cape Verde national record in the 110 hurdles 13.78 at the Modesto Relays.
A graduate of Hiram W. Johnson High School in Sacramento, California he finished third in the 300 meter hurdles at the 1979 CIF California State Meet, then won the 400 metre hurdles and was second in the 110 metre hurdles at the hometown 1980 Golden West Invitational where he was awarded the Maree Rodebaugh Award as the Most Inspirational Athlete 
Andrade ran collegiately at Southern Methodist University on a football scholarship where, as Wide Receiver, he was a teammate of Eric Dickerson on their 1981 and 1982 National Championship football teams. Andrade's name was mentioned in connection with the Southern Methodist University football scandal that led to the program getting the death penalty. In 1983, he was also part of their National Championship Track and Field team. In 1985, he became the NCAA indoor Champion in the 55 metres hurdles. Later that year, he doubled that by also winning the NCAA Men's Outdoor Track and Field Championship in the 110 metre hurdles.
In his two attempts at the 1984 and 1992 U.S. Olympic Trials, Andrade finished in 6th place at both.
Andrade received a master's degree in Physical Education at Long Beach State University in 1996 and has been working as a personal trainer. He remains an active Masters track and field athlete. He is the manager for his nephew Jordin Andrade who has also elected to run for the Cape Verde Islands in the Olympics.
- http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_110hno.htm Track and Field News
- http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_110hno.htm All Time Athletics
- http://articles.latimes.com/1996-02-02/local/me-31468_1_cape-verde LA Times
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2010-08-07. Sports References
- http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/07-96/07-24-96/d01sp095.htm South Coast Today
- "California State Meet Results - 1915 to present". Hank Lawson. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- http://archive.dyestatcal.com/?pg=dyestatcal-2009-Track--Results-June-13-Golden-West-Past-Champions Golden West Champions
- http://www.goldenwestinvitational.org/data/honorroll.html Golden West Invitational Honor Roll
- http://www.workoutranch.com/trainer.cfm?id=1782 Workoutranch
- https://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/21/sports/sports-people-new-smu-charge.html?pagewanted=1?pagewanted=1 NY Times June 21, 1987
- http://www.deeptissuecenter.com/testimonials/ourfriends.html Deep Tissue Center bio
- http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/track_indoor_champs_records/2009-10/2009-10_mitfd1.pdf NCAA Indoor Championships
- http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncamotr2.shtml Hickoksports
- https://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/14/sports/track-jennings-finds-nice-dreams-finish-3d.html NY Times
- http://www.usatf.org/statistics/champions/OlympicTrials/HistoryOfTheOlympicTrials.pdf History of U.S. Olympic Trials
- http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/display_article.php?id=46388 Track and Field News