Henry E. H. Brereton
Henry Edwin Harmar Brereton (July 12, 1865 – May 13, 1957) was an American politician from New York.
The family removed to Yonkers, New York where Henry's father died in 1870.
Henry Brereton studied at the Bussey Institution from 1891 to 1892, and then settled on the shore of Lake George in Warren County, New York where he engaged in agriculture, forestry, and the real estate business. He married Helena Loup.
Mayor of Pittsburgh and Congressman Harmar Denny (1794–1852) was his grandfather.
- Biographical Annals of Franklin County, Pennsylvania (Vol. 1, pg. 320)
- Harvard Alumni Directory (1914; pg. 91)
- History of Pittsburgh and Environs by George Thornton Fleming (American Historical Society, 1922; pg. 199)
- Denny Genealogy by Margaret Collins Denny Dixon & Elizabeth Chapman Denny Vann (National Historical Society, 1944; pg. 187 and 245)
- HENRY BRERETON, EX-LEGISLATOR, 90 in the New York Times on May 15, 1957 (subscription required)
|New York Assembly|
Daniel P. De Long
|New York State Assembly
Frank C. Hooper
|New York State Senate|
Mortimer Y. Ferris
|New York State Senate
Benjamin F. Feinberg