Herbert Druce, FLS (14 July 1846 in London – 11 April 1913 in London) was a British entomologist. His collections were acquired by Frederick DuCane Godman (1834–1919) and Osbert Salvin (1835–1898) before being bequeathed to the Natural History Museum, London. He is not to be confused with his son, the English entomologist Hamilton Herbert Druce (1869 – 21 June 1922) who also worked on Lepidoptera.
Partial list of publications
- *Druce, H., 1872 with Arthur Gardiner Butler (1844-1925), Descriptions of new genera and species of Lepidoptera from Costa Rica. Cistula entomologica, 1 : 95–118. (1872)
- Druce, H., 1873. A list of the Collections of Diurnal Lepidoptera made by Mr. Lowe in Borneo. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London 1873: 337–361, 2 pls. text plates.
- Druce, H., 1874. A list of the lepidopterous insects collected by Mr. L. Layard in Siam Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London1874(1): 102–109, pl. 16
- Druce, H. 1875 A list of the collection of diurnal lepidoptera made by Mr. J.J. Monteiro, in Angola, with descriptions of some new species. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London 1875:406–417.
- Druce, H. 1887 Descriptions of some new species of Lepidoptera Heterocera, mostly from tropical Africa. - Proc. Zoological Society of London 1887:668–686, pl. 55
- Druce, H. 1894 Descriptions of some new species of Heterocera from Central America Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (6) 13 : 168-182
- Druce, H. 1894. Descriptions of new species of Agaristidae. - Annals and Magazine of Natural History (6)14:21–24.
- Druce, H. 1889 Descriptions of new Species of Lepidoptera, chiefly from Central America Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (6) 4 (19) : 77–94
- Druce, H. 1910a. Descriptions of some new species of Heterocera from tropical Africa. - Annals and Magazine of Natural History (8)5:393–402.
- Druce, H. 1911b. Descriptions of some new species of Heterocera, chiefly from tropical South America. - Annals and Magazine of Natural History (8)8:136–150
- Druce, H. 1912a. Descriptions of seven new species of Heterocera belonging to the subfamily Ophiusinae. - Annals and Magazine of Natural History (8)9:552–554.
|Wikispecies has information related to Herbert Druce|
Translation from French Wikipedia.
|This article about a British entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|