|State Minister for Labor, Employment and Industrial Relations|
Cabinet of Uganda
December 9, 1975
Herbert Kabafunzaki is a Ugandan businessman and politician, who has served as State Minister for Labor, Employment and Industrial Relations since June 2016. He was sworn in with the rest of the cabinet on 22 June 2016.
Early life and education
Prior to his election to the parliament in 2016, he served on Wakiso District Local Council as the elected representative for Makindye A Zone (today known as Ssabagabo), from 2011 until 2016 and was later arrested for collecting a bribe of five million Uganda shillings from ceo of aya group Uganda .
Kabafunzaki is reported to have served as the chief executive officer of Berteeen Business Systems, a Ugandan enterprise. He has also served in the past as a national delegate of the Federation of Uganda Football Associations, the ruling soccer body in the country.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Edward Ssekika, and Sulaiman Kakaire (22 June 2016). "Cabinet: Museveni admits patronage played part in selection". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Odyek, John (20 February 2016). "FDC big guns frog marched out of Parliament". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Muhereza, Robert (28 April 2014). "Wakiso councillor thrown out of Kabale NRM meeting". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Jaramogi, Patrick (4 April 2012). "Uganda to export fresh matooke to US". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Katende, Norman (27 May 2013). "Bazirengedde floored in FUFA polls". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2016.