Herefordshire County Football Association
|Headquarters||County Ground Offices
The Herefordshire Football Association, simply known as the Herefordshire FA or HFA, is the governing body of football in the county of Herefordshire. It runs several league and cup competitions in the county.
- 1 Administration
- 2 Affiliated Leagues & Competitions
- 3 Affiliated Member Clubs
- 4 List of recent County Cup Winners
- 5 The Board & Officials
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The Herefordshire FA consists of two key bodies.
The Council; comprising 17 elected representatives from the Leagues within the county plus 11 Life Members. The Council meets 4 times per year to consider policy issues and direction, as well as to approve proposals put forward by the various committees.
The Board; was established in 1998 to make the decision-making process more streamlined, is responsible for major business, strategic and commercial decisions. The Board comprises six elected representatives from the Council, plus the HFA Chief Executive and Company Secretary.
The Herefordshire FA are committed to developing and administering the game at all levels within the county. In line with The Football Association's Whole Sport Plan, the County FA has produced a four-year plan aimed at providing everyone with the opportunity to participate in football for life.
They are keen to develop partnerships to promote the benefits of football and improve the facilitieis where football is played. Working with key partners we hope to access essential funding which can be invested to increase the quantity and quality of pitches and facilities providing more and better playing opportunities.
Affiliated Leagues & Competitions
Men's Saturday Leagues
Men's Sunday Leagues
Small Sided Leagues
Affiliated Member Clubs
Among the notable clubs that are affiliated to the Herefordshire FA are:
List of recent County Cup Winners
|Season||HFA County Challenge||HFA Charity Bowl||HFA Junior Cup||HFA Burghill Cup|
|2004–05||Ewyas Harold||Ewyas Harold Reserves||Skenfrith United|
|2005–06||Ewyas Harold||Colwall Rangers||Civil Service|
|2006–07||Ledbury Town||Ewyas Harold||Widemarsh Rangers||Fownhope Reserves|
|2007–08||Westfields||Woofferton||Pegasus Colts||Holme Lacy|
|2008–09||Wellington||Westfields||Wellington Colts||Leintwardine Colts|
|2009–10||Ledbury Town||Leominster Town||Ewyas Harold Reserves||Hinton Reserves|
|2010–11||Westfields||Westfields||Mercia Athletic||Kingstone Rovers|
The Board & Officials
- WE Shorten (Chairman)
- RJ Perks (Vice-Chairman)
- JS Lambert (Chief Executive)
- LP Tompkins (Company Secretary)
- KJ Bishop
- SJ Willmot
- C Taylor
- SA Fellowes
- JS Lambert (Chief Executive)
- "Herefordshire County FA – Governance". Herefordshire County FA. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Herefordshire County FA – About Us". Herefordshire County FA. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Herefordshire County FA – Fixtures and result". Herefordshire County FA. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Herefordshire County FA – County Cups". Herefordshire County FA. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Herefordshire County FA – Committee Membership". Herefordshire County FA. Archived from the original on 2008-08-28. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|