Hex: Shards of Fate
|Hex: Shards of Fate|
|Platform(s)||Windows, OS X, PlayStation 4|
|Release||January 26, 2016|
Massively multiplayer online game|
Trading card game
HEX: Shards of Fate (Hex, Hex TCG or Hex: Card Clash) is a massively multiplayer online trading card game (MMOTCG) by Cryptozoic Entertainment. It is the first game in the MMOTCG genre. It was funded via Kickstarter, and raised US$2,278,255 while its campaign was active. As of October 28, 2013, Hex was the 11th most-funded video game on Kickstarter. The game was officially released on January 26, 2016 and was playable on Windows, OS X and iOS.
Hex: Shards of Fate started Closed Alpha testing on October 8, 2013. In April 2014, the game went into Closed Beta, which included all Kickstarter backers as well as so-called "Slacker Backers", with new players being invited to join in the following months. As of May 2015, the game was available on PC in an early access phase and clients for iOS and Android were being worked on. As a digital TCG, it features unique features, such as being able to modify cards pre-match and transform cards during the match.
On May 14, 2014, Wizards of the Coast filed a lawsuit against Cryptozoic for infringement of intellectual property, claiming that Hex: Shards of Fate is nearly a clone of Magic: The Gathering. Wizards of the Coast says "While we appreciate a robust and thriving trading card game industry, we will not permit the misappropriation of our intellectual property." On May 19, 2014, Cryptozoic responded to the lawsuit that "Although we take all pending litigation seriously, we do not find any merit to the allegations in the complaint." On Sep 24, 2015, Wizards of the Coast, Cryptozoic Entertainment and Hex Entertainment settled the lawsuit with undisclosed terms.
- Shards of Fate
- Shattered Destiny
- Armies of Myth
- Primal Dawn
- Scars of War
- Dead of Winter
- Sal Romano. HEX: Card Clash announced for PS4, gematsu.com, August 23, 2017.
- "Hex MMO Trading Card Game by Cryptozoic Entertainment". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Games/Most Funded". Kickstarter. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- Check Out These Exclusive Hex: Armies Of Myth Preview Cards. May 22, 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Hex TCG – Overview". Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Wizards of the Coast Files Complaint Against Cryptozoic Entertainment and Hex Entertainment for Copyright, Patent and Trade Dress Infringement". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Official Legal Statement". Hex TCG. Cryptozoic Entertainment. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Wizards of the Coast, Cryptozoic Entertainment and Hex Entertainment settle intellectual property infringement lawsuit". Wizards of the Coast. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Press Release - Settlement". Hex Entertainment. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Hex Compendium - Set list".
|This massively multiplayer online role-playing game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|