Hirotaka Takeuchi (竹内 弘高 Takeuchi Hirotaka?, born October 16, 1946) is a Harvard Business School professor and former dean of the Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo.
Takeuchi holds an MBA and PhD from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, and BA from International Christian University. He co-authored Can Japan Compete? with Michael Porter  and has been described by BusinessWeek as one of the Top 10 “management school professors for inhouse corporate education programs” in the world. He has worked in the industry as a management consultant at McKinsey & Company and in advertising at McCann Erickson in Tokyo and San Francisco. He was a visiting professor at Harvard Business School in 1989 and 1990.
Takeuchi co-wrote several noteworthy articles with Ikujiro Nonaka, a colleague at Hitotsubashi University, including the article The New New Product Development Game, in which they emphasised speed and flexibility for new product development. This article is considered to be the one of the roots of the Scrum framework, one of the most used agile software development techniques. They further co-wrote the Nonaka-Takeuchi model of accumulation of tacit knowledge.
He also authored Managing Competitiveness, a call on Japanese firms to rebuild its business environment with a relentless focus on globalization. Later he appeared on the panel, in a BBC debate, entitled Avoiding the Double Dip from the World Economic Forum in Davos, in January 2010.
- "Profile: Hirotaka Takeuchi". 16th Nikkei Global Management Forum. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- Porter, Michael E.; Takeuchi, Hirotaka; Sakakibara, Mariko (2000). Can Japan compete?. Macmillan.
- Takeuchi, H. and Nonaka, I. 1986. The New New Product Development Game, Harvard Business Review, January/February, 285-305
- Nonaka, Ikujiro; Takeuchi, Hirotaka (1995). The knowledge creating company: how Japanese companies create the dynamics of innovation. New York: Oxford University Press. p. 284.
- Hirotaka Takeuchi: "Managing Competitiveness", in: Arnoud de Meyer, Pamela Mar, Frank-Jürgen Richter, Peter Williamson: Global Future, John Wiley, Singapore 2005.
- Stars of Asia - Opinion Sharpers, July 2, 2001
- Hitotsubashi on Knowledge Management
- BBC Davos World Economic Forum Debate 2010 Panellists' line up
|This Japanese business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|