Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ho Chi Minh City University of Education (HCMUE, Vietnamese: Trường Đại học Sư phạm Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is a university specializing in tertiary-level training of teachers and lecturers located in District 5. The university was founded as the Saigon National Pedagogical University in 1957 and reestablished by prime ministerial decree in 1976. In 1995, the university was incorporated in Ho Chi Minh City National University, but it was split to become an autonomous university with the current name in 1999. This university is one of 14 leading universities in Vietnam and also one of the two largest pedagogical universities in Vietnam, playing a leading roles in teacher and lecturer training.
Between 1976 and 2006, the university educated 65,945 graduates, of which 1,000 were postgraduates. The university also offered training for 33,800 teachers and has education cooperations with over 50 universities worldwide.
The university has 821 staff, of which 533 are faculty teachers (31 professors and associate professors, 131 Ph.D.s, 232 Masters).
- Vice-Chancellor: Associate Professor Nguyễn Kim Hồng, Ph.D.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellors:
- Nguyễn Thị Minh Hồng, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor Hoàng Văn Cẩn, Ph.D.
- Đặng Chính Nghĩa, M.Sc.
Faculties and departments
Faculties and centers
The university has 20 faculties: Mathematics-Informatics, Information Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature, History, Geography, Political Education, Psychology-Education, Primary Education, Early Childhood Education, Physical Education, National Defense Education, Special Education, English language, Chinese language, French language, Russian language, Japanese language; Korean language. 3 teams and subordinate divisions: Women Affairs Education, Non-vocational Education, Special Education.
- 7 centers for: IT, Foreign Languages, Environmental and Population Education, Asian-Pacific Francophone, Thuan An Disabled Children, Chinese Language and Culture, University Entry Test Training.
- The Institute for Education Research with 6 research centers:
- High School Education
- Tertiary Education Research
- Education Appraisal and Verification
- Teaching Process
- Pedagogical Skill Development
- International Education and Cultural Exchange
- The Applied College.
The university has 12 departments and divisions: Personnel-Administration, Training, Sciences, Technology and Postgraduate Education, Planning-Financial, International Cooperation, Propaganda, Equipment Control, Internal Publishing, Library, Dormitory, Health Care, Social Associations
The university has four campuses and one dormitory:
- Campus 1: 280 An Dương Vương Street, Ward 4, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
- Campus 2 and main library: 222 Lê Văn Sỹ Street, Ward 14, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Education Research Institute: 115 Hai Bà Trưng, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Center for Disabled Children Education of Thuận An: Bình Đức, Lái Thiêu Township, Thuận An, Bình Dương Province
- Dormitory: 351 Lạc Long Quân Street, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City