|Occupation||Businesswoman and venture capitalist|
|Known for||Co-founder of mobile gaming company Kabam|
Holly Liu is an American businesswoman and venture capitalist. She is the co-founder of the mobile gaming company Kabam. She is currently Non-Executive Director and Strategic Adviser to Animoca's board of directors.
Liu is the co-founded mobile gaming company Kabam in 2006; maker of the games: Kingdoms of Camelot, The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth, and Marvel Contest of Champions. She was lead designer of their flagship game Kingdoms of Camelot, which grossed over $250 million in just four years. Liu was instrumental in growing the company’s annual revenue from zero to $400m. She was also the founding mobile designer for the game extension Battle for the North, which made Kingdoms of Camelot the highest-grossing app for iPhone and iPad in 2012.
In January 2017, the majority of Kabam’s assets were acquired by Netmarble, South Korea’s largest mobile gaming company. Following her exit from Kabam, Liu took on a role as a visiting partner at Y Combinator, an accelerator providing seeded funding to nearly 2,000 startups with a combined value of over $80 billion.
She is on the advisory board at University of California, Berkeley School of Information.
She has been named one of Fortune’s “10 Most Powerful Women in Gaming”, Forbes’ “12 Women in Gaming to Watch.” and Forbes - "10 Women Entrepreneurs to Watch from Google Ventures' Portfolio Companies".
- Seibel, Michael. "Welcome Eric, Holly, Diego, Matt, Nic, Kyle, Adele, Jose, Matt, Ramon, and Gia". Blog.ycombinator.com. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Magazine, Animation (2018-09-13). "Animoca Appoints Kabam Co-Founder Holly Liu to Board of Directors". Animationmagazine.net. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Dean Takahashi@deantak September 25, 2015 9:00 AM (2015-09-25). "Kabam's cofounder Holly Liu says you have to build a global culture to succeed in games". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2018-06-28). "Animoca Appoints Kabam Co-Founder Holly Liu to Board of Directors". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- Holly Liu's LinkedIn account
- "Game Apps Designed By Women That Prove Girls Really Do Run The World". Bustle.com. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "Netmarble completes acquisition of Kabam's Marvel Contest of Champions studio". Games Beat. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "People". www.ycombinator.com. Retrieved 2019-03-18.
- Brunsden, Cara; Kiemle, Gundi; Mullin, Stephen (2017). "Male Partner Experiences About Acquired Brain Injury of Female Partner Interview Schedule". doi:10.1037/t64176-000. Cite journal requires
- Gaudiosi, John (2013-10-24). "The 10 most powerful women in gaming". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "12 Women in Gaming to Watch - Entrepreneurs' Edition". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "10 Women Entrepreneurs To Watch From Google Ventures' Portfolio Companies". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "Top 10 Female Founder Unicorns". Inc.com. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Grace Hopper Celebration. "Holly Liu - Grace Hopper Celebration". Ghc.anitab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "Holly Liu". Forbes.