Holystone is a small village in Northumberland, England. It lies on the edge of (and just within) the Northumberland National Park on the north bank of the River Coquet. A significant landmark is Holy Well, traditionally the site of early Christian baptisms, and the source of Holystone's water supply.
- "Holystone : The History" Archived 26 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine, Northumberland National Park web site. Retrieved 16 July 2014
- "Holystone Priory, Holystone (Harbottle)", Keys to the Past web site. Retrieved 16 July 2014
- Armstrong, Barrie; Armstrong, Wendy (2013). The Arts and Crafts Movement in the North East of England. A Handbook. Wetherby: Oblong Creative Ltd. p. 235. ISBN 9 780957599215.
Media related to Holystone, Northumberland at Wikimedia Commons
- Details from the National Park's website
- Photographs, concentrating on its Lady's Well
- Illustrated walk through Holystone woods, Northumberland
|This Northumberland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|