Hood River Valley High School
|Hood River Valley High School|
|1220 Indian Creek Road
Hood River, Oregon 97031
|School district||Hood River County School District|
|Number of students||1225|
|Color(s)||Navy blue, canary yellow, and white|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Columbia Gorge Conference, 5A-3|
The school has a dropout rate of 2.8% and an attendance rate of 94%. Of the 38% of students who took the SAT, the average verbal score was 504 and the average math score was 507. In the 2006 Oregon Statewide Assessments, the score for reading was 57%, the state average being 55%. For science, the score was 50%, below the state average of 62%. In writing the score was 55%, equal to the state average of 55%. The score for math was 38%, and the state average was 45%.
- Andrew Baldwin, 2001, baseball player, Tacoma Rainiers
- Jeff Lahti,1974, baseball player, St Louis Cardinals pitcher in the World Series; orchardist in Hood River, Oregon
- Brooke Struck, 1997, Survivor: Guatemala contestant and lawyer
- "HRVHS Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-06-21.
- "HRVHS Handbook" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-01.
- "HRVHS Profile".
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Archived from the original on 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Westeen, Karen. "The book on Baldwin: this season has been a success story". Tacoma Weekly. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- "Jeff Lahti (1956-)". oregonencyclopedia.org. Oregon Historical Society. Retrieved 4 November 2016.