|Town or city||Marshalltown, Iowa|
|Client||Eppley Hotel Company|
|Part of||Marshalltown Downtown Historic District (#01001463)|
|Added to NRHP||January 17, 2002|
The Hotel Tallcorn is located at 134 East Main Street in Marshalltown, Iowa. Today it is called the Tallcorn Towers Apartments. Built in 1928 by the Eppley Hotel Company, local citizens contributed $120,000 to ensure the successful completion of this seven-story hotel. It was completed in connection to the seventy-fifth anniversary of Marshalltown. The hotel's sale in 1956 from the Eppley chain to the Sheraton Corporation was part of the second largest hotel sale in United States history. The Tallcorn was listed as a contributing property in the Marshalltown Downtown Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Marshalltown's progress in the Roaring '20s", City of Marshalltown. Retrieved 6/15/08.
- (1967) Western Trucking and Motor Transportation. Washington Motor Freight Association. p 64.
- "Closing the gap," Time magazine June 4, 1956. Retrieved 6/15/08.
- Marlys A. Svendsen. "Marshalltown Downtown Historic District" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2016-03-04.