Housefull (2013 film)
|Directed by||Linson Antony|
|Screenplay by||Shiju Nambyath|
|Story by||Shiju Nambyath|
|Produced by||Jomon Antony|
|Starring||Tini Tom |
|Edited by||Shyam Sasidhar|
|Music by||Ram Surender |
|Distributed by||Movie Masters Release |
|Box office||₹31 crore (US$3.9 million)|
Housefull (also stylized as House Full) is a 2013 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film directed by Linson Antony. The film stars Tini Tom, Jyothirmayi and Shammi Thilakan, and released on 15 February 2013. Filming for Housefull began in mid-2012, with the film marking Tom's first leading role.
Ananthan, a 36-year-old police constable who has experienced multiple failures at trying to find a woman to marry. He eventually meets and marries Emily, a textile worker, much to the chagrin of both of their families. The couple tried for a baby in the hopes of placating their family, but were unable to conceive and began a series of fertility treatments. Initially overjoyed when the treatments are successful, Ananthan and Emily are shocked to discover that she was now pregnant with quadruplets.
- Tini Tom as Ananthan
- Jyothirmayi as Emily
- Shammi Thilakan as Kiliyaachan
- Vijayaraghavan as Cherukkappan (Susheelan Nair)
- Guinness Pakru as Dr. Shenayi
- Kalasala Babu as Janardhanan Nair
- Bhagath Manuel as Joe
- Bheeman Raghu as Benchamin Joseph
- Nandhu as Pookunju
- Lakshmipriya as Mumthaz
- Surabhi Lakshmi as Police officer
- Anjana Appukuttan as Sugunavalli
- Binu Adimali as Espade
- Gomathi Mahadevan as Anandan's mother
- Abu Salim as ASP Sharafudeen
- Durga Premjith as Sarayu's daughter
Tini Tom, after doing comic and character roles in over 30 films, was given his first lead role in a film by debutant director Linson Antony, who had previously directed several devotional videos. Jyothirmayi, who was not seen in a commercial film for a longer time, was chosen to portray the character of a saleswoman at a textile shop. Four babies were reported to be playing the lead alongside actors Tini Tom and Jyothirmayi, with auditions being held in July 2012 to find "the best ones". The actors were continuously shooting for Housefull for 40 days throughout September and October 2012, with Jyothirmayi stating that the shoot took more days than what was initially planned, because of the four children involved.
Housefull was received mixed review, with a reviewer for Sify giving a neutral review and stating that it was a "meek entertainer, which treads along a rather safe path". Sreenath Nair of The Hindu was critical of the film, citing that there were "no situations in the script and screenplay by Shiju Nambiath which offer the director a challenge. The duo walks down the much-tread and familiar story lanes to reach a commonplace end".
- "House Full- First Look". Sify. Archived from the original on 19 September 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "INTERVIEW:TINI TOM AND JYOTHIRMAYI ON THEIR MOVIE "HOUSEFULL"". TVNews.me. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Housefull with four kids - The Times of India
- "Five Malayalam releases today (Feb 15)". Sify. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Four babies to play lead in Linson Antony's next". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 1 February 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "On Location: Living with quadruplets". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Tini Tom banks on 'Housefull' releasing on Feb 8". Sify. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Being the hero". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Jyothirmayi is back with house full news". SiFi. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Jyothirmayi is enjoying a short break". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Fever is no excuse for Jyothirmayi". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Review: House Full". Sify. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Struggling for a full house". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 February 2013.