From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hover (disambiguation))
|Look up hover in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hovering is stationary flight, exhibited by bees, dragonflies, hummingbird hawk-moths, hummingbirds, helicopters, balloons, and kites. Hovering consumes large amounts of fuel when done by rockets and special airplanes.
Hover may also refer to:
- Levitation, the process by which an object is suspended by a physical force against gravitation, in a stable position without solid physical contact
- In transport
- Helicopter flight controls#Hover, nearly stationary aviation in a helicopter
- Hovercraft are crafts capable of traveling and being stationary over land, water, mud or ice
- Hovertrains use magnetic levitation and linear motors
- The Harrier jet and Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II jet can hover and fly
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is turboprop aircraft that can hover, as a tiltrotor. There are over VTOL craft that can hover.
- Great Wall Hover, an Sport utility vehicle produced by Great Wall Motors
- Johan E. Høver, a Norwegian aircraft designer, most noted for the Høver M.F. 11
- In computing
- Hover (domain registrar)
- Hover!, a computer game for Microsoft Windows
- Mouse hover or mouseover, a gesture made with the pointer in computer user interfaces
- Other uses
- Hover Chamber Choir, established in 1992 in Armenia
- Hoover (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Hover"
- Windhover (disambiguation), various meanings including the Common Kestrel
- Hovercraft (disambiguation)
- Acoustic levitation
- Aerodynamic levitation
- Electrostatic levitation
- Optical levitation
- Jet pack
- VTOL vertical take-off and landing
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hover.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.