How to Start a Fire is the second album by the Pompano Beach, Florida rock band Further Seems Forever, released in 2003 by Tooth & Nail Records. It was the band's only album with vocalist Jason Gleason, who had replaced original singer Chris Carrabba when the latter left the band to focus on his new project Dashboard Confessional. Gleason would leave the band the following year due to interpersonal tensions and be replaced by former Sense Field singer Jon Bunch. How to Start a Fire was also the band's first album with guitarist Derick Cordoba, replacing original guitarist Nick Dominguez.
All songs written by Further Seems Forever
- "How to Start a Fire" – 2:51
- "The Sound" – 3:41
- "A Blank Page Empire" – 4:09
- "Against My Better Judgement" – 3:41
- "I Am" – 3:24
- "Pride War" – 3:04
- "On Legendary" – 3:40
- "Insincerity as an Artform" – 3:44
- "The Deep" – 3:46
- "Aurora Borealis (In Long Form)" – 4:50
- Record label: Tooth & Nail Records
- Record label (vinyl version): Broken Circles Records
- All songs written by Further Seems Forever.
- Recorded, engineered, and mixed by James Paul Wisner at Wisner Productions.
- Produced by James Paul Wisner and Further Seems Forever.
- Executive producers: Brandon Ebel and Bill Power.
- Mastered by Alan Douches at West Side Mastering.
- Illustrations by David Rankin.
- Band photography by Alan Ferguson.
- Art direction by Further Seems Forever.
- Design by Kris McCaddon and Further Seems Forever.