April 24, 1930|
Bronx, New York
|Died||June 28, 2007
|Occupation||Cartoonist, writer, illustrator, sculptor|
|Notable works||Eek & Meek|
Howard Adolph Schneider (April 24, 1930 – June 28, 2007), better known as Howie Schneider, was an award-winning cartoonist, sculptor and children's book author who lived and worked in Massachusetts. His best-known comic strip, Eek & Meek, ran from 1965 to 2000 in more than 400 newspapers through Newspaper Enterprise Association.
Other strips of Schneider's included Percy's World and Bimbo's Circus (aka The Circus of P.T. Bimbo). His cartoons were published in numerous magazines, including The New Yorker, Playboy, Esquire, Redbook and McCall's.
Schneider served 20 years on the board of the Newspaper Features Council and eight years on the board of the National Cartoonists Society.
Schneider was a two-time winner of Best Editorial Cartoon from the New England Press Association.
- Wilky the White House cockroach, (Putnam, 2006)
- Chewy Louie (Rising Moon, 2000)
- No Dogs Allowed (Putnam, 1995)
- Amos: The Story of an Old Dog and His Couch (Putnam, 1992)
- Howie Schneider Unshucked: A Cartoon Collection About the Cape the Country & Life Itself (On Cape Publications)
- The Circus of P. T. Bimbo (Grosset & Dunlap, 1976)
- Eek and Meek (1969) (ASIN B000I16GW2)
- Mom's the Word (World, 1968) (ASIN B0020JS2N6)
- The Deceivers (Doubleday, 1961) (ASIN B0007ENUTC)
- Provincetown Banner
- The Sunshine Club by Howie Schneider, United Features.
- Comiclopedia: Howie Schneider
- Schneider, Howie (2006). Wilky the White House cockroach. New York: Putnam. ISBN 978-0399243882.
- Schneider, Howie (2007). Life event kit (1st ed.). Flagstaff, AZ: Rising Moon. ISBN 9780873587655.
- Schneider, written by Howie (1995). No dogs allowed (1996 ed.). New York: Putnam's. ISBN 978-0399226120.
- Schneider, Susan Seligson ; illustrated by H. (1992). Amos : Story of an Old Dog and His Couch (New ed.). Boston: Little, Brown. ISBN 9780316780346.
- Schneider, Howie (2002). Howie Schneider unshucked : a cartoon collection about the Cape, the country and life itself. Yarmouth Port, Mass.: On Cape Publications. ISBN 978-0965328395.
- Schneider, Howie (1976). P.T. Bimbo. New York: Grosset & Dunlap. ISBN 044812212X.