July 12, 1991 |
Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||168 lb (76 kg; 12 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Rangers
Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
San Antonio Rampage
Hubert Labrie (born July 12, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman for the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Labrie played four seasons (2007–2011) of major junior hockey with the Gatineau Olympiques of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League scoring 48 points and registering 268 penalty minutes in 192 games played.
On September 18, 2009, the Dallas Stars signed Labrie to a three-year entry-level contract, however he did not begin to play professionally until the 2011–12 season. Labrie played the duration of his contract, within the Stars affiliates, the Texas Stars and the Idaho Steelheads.
On July 25, 2014, Hoeffel was signed as a free agent to a one-year AHL contract with the Springfield Falcons. As a rotating depth defenseman with the Falcons in the 2014–15 season, Labrie appeared in a career high 46 games for 9 points from the blueline.
On the off-season as a free agent, Labrie returned to the state of Texas in July, signing a one-year AHL contract with the San Antonio Rampage. As an affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, Labrie would also attend the clubs NHL training camp. After attending the 2015 Avalanche training camp, Labrie was returned to the Rampage without a contract offer to begin the 2015–16 season. Initially assuming the role as the reserve defenseman, Labrie became a regular feature on the blueline appearing in 50 games for 7 assists. On March 5, 2016, Labrie was traded by the Rampage to the Chicago Wolves for future considerations.
As a free agent, Labrie joined his fifth AHL club, in agreeing to a one-year contract with the Hershey Bears on July 7, 2016. On February 9, 2018, the Bears' parent club, the Washington Capitals, traded Labrie to the New York Rangers.
Regular season and playoffs
|2015–16||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||50||0||7||7||61||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Stars sign Hubert Labrie from QMJHL". Dallas Stars. 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Stars announce roster moves". Dallas Stars. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Falcons sign Mike Hoeffel, Hubert Labrie to AHL contracts". Springfield Falcons. July 25, 2014. Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "Hubert Labrie back to Texas". lanouvelle.net. 2015-07-22. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- "Chicago acquires Labrie from San Antonio". American Hockey League. 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Hershey Bears sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams and Parker Milner". Hershey Bears. 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Rangers Acquire John Albert and Hubert Labrie". NHL.com. February 9, 2018. Retrieved February 12, 2018.