Human Design is a New Age-inspired pseudo-scientific practice. Its proponents describe it as a holistic self-knowledge system. Its effectiveness has not been confirmed by peer reviewed research. This lacks of scientific evidence so beware of people who preach this as scientific truth.
Human Design combines astrology, the I Ching, Kabbalah and Vedic philosophy, centering around the division of personalities into five energy types alleged to indicate how someone is supposed to exchange energy with the world: Manifestors, Generators, Manifesting Generators, Projectors, and Reflectors. It was originated by Alan Robert Krakower who published a book called The Human Design System under the pseudonym Ra Uru Hu in 1992. Krakower developed the Human Design system following a mystical experience in 1987. Human Design purports to be a self-knowledge method which does not have any specific religious dogma or affiliation. Despite this, it has been described by theologian J. R. Hustwit as a "transreligious project" that is "breathtaking in scope" and synthesizes seven or more traditions. It has also been described as a psychological counseling instrument and "the new astrology."
In Human Design analysis, planets are displayed in a type of horoscope called a bodygraph. The bodygraph shows the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching at various locations on the body. It is sometimes shown within a mandala, overlaid on the 12 signs of the zodiac. Human Design also addresses dietary regimen and ideal environments for living, working and relationships.
In addition, it claims to facilitate "deep access to bodily, generational and inter-dimensional intelligence."
- Andrea Mea (October 17, 2022). "Why Is Everyone So Obsessed With Finding Out Their 'Human Design'?". eviemagazine.com. Retrieved October 18, 2022.
- Morton Tolboll. "A Critique of the Human Design System". mortentolboll.weebly.com. Retrieved October 18, 2022.
- "What is Human Design?". holistichuman.design. Retrieved December 6, 2021.
- Tolboll, Morten. "A Critique of the Human Design System". Weebly. Retrieved December 6, 2021.
- Goldsmith, Martin (2004). The Zodiac by Degrees. Weiser Books. ISBN 9781578633043.
- Can Healing by Human Design improve your life?. mnn.com, retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Hong Kong indie darlings My Little Airport back, more spiritual and just as political. scmp.com, retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Forget Your Sign, Discover Your Design!. HuffPost, July 26, 2009 retrieved April 5, 2022.
- A Beginner's Guide to Human Design. Parade, 21 March 2021, retrieved 28 January 2022.
- What is Human Design?. oshonews.com, retrieved 18 March 2018
- Hu, Ra Uru (1992). The Human Design System. Human Design America.
- Inside the Art of Human Design with Erin Claire Jones. Forbes, retrieved 6 August 2019.
- Schoeber, Peter (2012). The Human Design System. Human Design Services. ISBN 9783906187013.
- Parkyn, Chetan (2009). Human Design. New World Library. p. 17. ISBN 9781577319412.
- Burns, Anthony (2016). Ultimum Mysterium. Sixth Books. ISBN 9781785352614.
- Garnet, Mario (2011). The Wizard's Handbook. Balboa Press. p. 39. ISBN 9781452536125.
- What is Human Design?. oshonews.com, retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Curry, Karen (2013). Understanding Human Design. Hierophant Publishing. ISBN 9781938289149.
- Hustwit, J. R. (2016-04-26). "Myself, Only Moreso". Open Theology. 2 (1). doi:10.1515/opth-2016-0018. ISSN 2300-6579.
- Stute, Petra; Würgler, Virineya; Würgler, Johnny (2021-03-01). "Über den Tellerrand - ein Blick ins Human Design System (HDS)". Journal für Gynäkologische Endokrinologie/Schweiz (in German). 24 (1): 50–51. doi:10.1007/s41975-021-00182-3. ISSN 2520-8500.
- Dowser Dan Arseneau to discuss Human Design[permanent dead link]. themessage.news, retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Understanding the 'Human Design'. Fox News May 2, 2011. Retrieved April 5, 2022
- Never too young to change the world with Veronica Neo. thriveglobal.com, retrieved 8 August 2019.]
- Stars Aligned, Part 1: Applying The Third Eyeball Test to the 2018–19 New Orleans Pelicans Roster. thebirdwrites.com, retrieved 8 August 2019.