Hummus the Movie
|Hummus the Movie|
|Directed by||Oren Rosenfeld|
|Produced by||Mitchell R. Julis|
Michal Lee Sapir
|Written by||Oren Rosenfeld|
|Language||English, Hebrew, Arabic|
Hummus is pegged to three stories about hummus-related careers, a Muslim, a Christian and a Jew. The Muslim is a woman named Suheila who runs a hummus restaurant in Haifa and is known for her charity to the poor. The Christian is a young man whose family has been making hummus in Ramle for three generations and who is torn between staying in the family business or following his girlfriend to Berlin. The Jew, a man from a secular background who has become devout, joined the Breslover sect, and now sells hummus at a food stall in a gas station in the Israeli town of Yokneam. The segment features Yehoshua Sofer, a Jamaican-born rapper who had a hit Israeli pop song about hummus and influenced the Jewish hummus shop owner in Yokneam to become pious.
- Spiro, Amy (14 August 2016). "The silver screen on a silver platter". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "London Jewish film festival – Hummus! the Movie @ JW3, London [6 November]". Carpediem.cd. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Film Shows Hummus Is More Than Just A Dip". Sky.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "HUMMUS! (THE MOVIE) – Austin Jewish Film Festival". Austinjff.org. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Hummus! The Movie to premiere at UK International Jewish Film Festival". Standard.co.uk. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Hummus the Movie|
- Hummus the Movie on IMDb
- "Hummus! The Movie". NYJFF. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "HUMMUS! THE MOVIE | Religion Today Filmfestival". Religionfilm.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "i24NEWS - Hummus and the Wild, Wild Middle East". I24news.tv. 2016-11-20. Retrieved 2017-02-23.