The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
Hyper Island is a digital creative business school with a consultancy side specializing in real-world industry training using digital technology. It was founded 1996 in Sweden and has presence through offices or campuses in Sweden (Headquarters), Brazil, UK, US, and Singapore.
Hyper Island offers full-time and part-time education programs as well as intensive courses aimed at industry executives. The different Hyper Island MA programs are accredited through Teesside University.
Hyper Island also offers short term training of working professionals to boost knowledge levels and understanding of digital culture and media, transformative technology and how these affect ideation, execution, workflows, client collaboration and business models.
Methodology and Philosophy
The Hyper Island methodology is inspired by the following researchers and theories:
- Wheelan’s Integrated Model of Group Development
- Swedish Defence College
- Luft & Ingham, Johari Window
- Schutz, Firo Model
- Rosenberg, Non-violent communication
- Kolb, Experiential learning model
Recognition and awards
Hyper Island was once referred to as “The Digital Harvard” and has been listed by CNN as one of the “most interesting schools around the world”. In 2015 Hyper Island was awarded “Stora Annonsörspriset” ("Big Prize of Advertisement") for its contribution in educating designers, creatives and strategist to the Swedish and International Communication Industry. In 2013 former Hyper Island CEO Johanna Frelin was named CEO of the Year in Sweden for small and medium enterprises.
- "YHMyndigheten - Swedish National Agency for Vocational Education".
- "Hyper Island abre filial no Brasil para ensinar transformação digital" (in Portuguese).
- "Fast Company Future of Advertising".
- "SAM Set to Become UK Accrediting Partner for Hyper Island".
- "Hyper Island, based at a former prison, teaches marketers on borderless digital world".
- "Entrepreneur inspiration: why I'm going back to school".
- "PSFK - Ideas For Innovation".
- "Sveriges annonsörer".
- "Svenska Dagbladet".