I'm Telling You for the Last Time
|Jerry Seinfeld: I'm Telling You for the Last Time - Live on Broadway|
Video Box Cover
|Directed by||Marty Callner|
|Written by||Jerry Seinfeld|
|Music by||Michael Kamen|
|Distributed by||HBO Home Video|
|I'm Telling You for the Last Time|
|Live album by|
|Released||September 22, 1998|
|Recorded||August 6-9, 1998|
Recorded on Remote Recording's Silver Truck
|Jerry Seinfeld chronology|
I'm Telling You for the Last Time is a 1998 stand-up comedy special and the second starring Jerry Seinfeld. The special aired live on HBO on August 9, 1998 from the Broadhurst Theatre in New York City. It was then released as an album on cassette and CD by the same title that same year. In 1999, a VHS and DVD titled Jerry Seinfeld: I'm Telling You for the Last Time - Live on Broadway was released.
The recording was taped just a couple of months after the show Seinfeld went off the air. Entertainment Weekly said about the album: "On its own, the CD is a more than respectable stand-up disc; Seinfeld's riffs ... are worthy of preservation." I'm Telling You for the Last Time was nominated for a 1999 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Comedy Album. After recording this special/album, Seinfeld vowed never to use old material again referencing his repeated use of "bits" from Seinfeld.
- "Cab Drivers"
- "Air Travel"
- "Men and Women"
- "Chinese People"
- "Scuba Diving"
- "No. 1 Fear"
- "Sky Diving/The Helmet"
- "Late TV"
At the beginning of the special, there is a pre-taped bit of a funeral where Jerry is burying his old material. Mourners include fellow comedians, George Carlin, Robert Klein, Garry Shandling, Ed McMahon, Paul Reiser, Jay Leno, George Wallace, Larry Miller, and Alan King.
In 1999, the special was nominated for 2 Primetime Emmy Awards in Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special and Outstanding Technical Direction/Camera/Video for a Special.
The American Comedy Awards nominated Jerry for the Funniest Male Performer in a TV Special and the Directors Guild of America Awards nominated Marty Callner for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Musical/Variety. 
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "I'm Telling You for the Last Time - Jerry Seinfeld". Spotify. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Jerry Seinfeld: 'I'm Telling You for the Last Time' (1998 TV Special) Awards". IMDb.com. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1998 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Canadian album certifications – Jerry Seinfeld – I'm Telling You for the Last Time". Music Canada.
- "American album certifications – Jerry Seinfeld – I'm Telling You for the Last Time". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
|This 1990s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|