This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Dillon Francis|
|Released||October 18, 2011|
|Dillon Francis singles chronology|
"IDGAFOS" (an acronym for "I Don't Give a Fuck or Shit") is a song by American record producer Dillon Francis. It was released as his debut single on October 18, 2011 through Mad Decent. It contains a heavily distorted sample of Adam Levine's vocals from "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes (which Francis had previously released an official remix for). The song marked the start of Francis' breakthrough, topping Hype Machine's "Most Popular Tracks" chart. It featured on the fifth episode of Avicii's Levels podcast.
Dillon has also released two alternate versions of the track.
The first, titled "IDGAFOS 2.0", is an updated "VIP" version which featured most of the same elements as the original with an edited intro and outro. It was released as a free download through Facebook on February 15, 2012 and later published to his SoundCloud page on March 7, 2012.
The second, titled "Flight 4555 (IDGAFOS 3.0)", is 15 minutes in length and was slowed down to 30 BPM. This version was released as a purchasable download through Mad Decent on July 16, 2013. A nine-minute video was also released for the track.
Appearances in popular media
- The song was featured in 2013 video game Saints Row IV on the dubstep and trap station, Mad Decent 106.9.
- In 2014, "IDGAFOS" was featured in a Beats Music advertisement for the Super Bowl in which Ellen DeGeneres danced to the song.
- Lipsay, Lauren (Oct 20, 2011). "Dillon Francis - I.D.G.A.F.O.S". Dancing Astronaut.
- Martin, Paul (October 22, 2011). "[Video] Dillon Francis I.D.G.A.F.O.S (explanation)". The Music Ninja.
- "iTunes - Podcasts - AVICII - LEVELS PODCAST by Avicii". iTunes Store. December 14, 2011.
- "Dillon Francis – Flight 4555 (IDGAFOS 3.0)". Mad Decent. 2013-07-02.
- Cramer, Cubby (July 2, 2013). "Dillon Francis Slows Down "IDGAFOS" to 30 BPM". Your EDM.
- "Watch Ellen Pop-Lock to Dillon Francis in Beats Music Super Bowl Ad". Spin. January 30, 2014.
- "iTunes - Music - I.D.G.A.F.O.S. - Single by Dillon Francis". iTunes Store. October 18, 2011.
|This 2011 single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|