From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with I0 (disambiguation) (the letter I followed by zero).
|Look up IO, Io, io, iO, or i.o. in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Io, IO, I/O, i/o, or i.o. may refer to:
- iO Theater (ImprovOlympic), a theater in Chicago, Illinois, dedicated to improvisational comedy
- I.O. West, a Los Angeles theater associated with the Chicago iO
- Image orthicon tube, a TV camera used between 1946 and 1968
- Indian Ocean, Indian Ocean
- Indirect object, the object that is the recipient of an action (by a verb)
- i.o., in illo ordine, Latin phrase meaning "respectively" ("in that order")
- Industrial organization, the field of economics that studies the strategic behavior of firms, the structure of markets and their interactions
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the field of psychology that studies work, academic, and other organizational issues
- Input/output, the collection of interfaces that different functional units of an information processing system use to communicate with each other
- Integrated operations, a term used in the petroleum industry describing new work processes and ways of working that have been facilitated by modern information and communication technologies
- International Operations, a fictional American Intelligence Agency in Wildstorm comics
- International Organization, a peer-reviewed journal that covers the entire field of international affairs
- Intraosseous infusion, the medical process of introducing medication directly into the bone marrow
- iO Digital Cable Service, a service offered by Cablevision
- IO Interactive, a Danish computer game developer
- Interest-only, a type of collateralized mortgage obligation (CMO) or mortgage-backed security
- Insertion order, a business document specifying the inventory goal of an advertising campaign
- Investigating Officer, a police officer in the United Kingdom who heads an investigation, usually from CID but of any rank
- Automeris io, a moth species in North America
- The Hawaiian Hawk's local name
- Inachis io, the European Peacock butterfly
- Io (genus), a genus of freshwater snail in the family Pleuroceridae
- The claimed element ionium (symbol Io), before it was realised this was actually thorium-230.
- The two-letter ISO 639-1 language code for Ido, a constructed language
- Indonesian Airlines' IATA airline designator
- .io, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Indian Ocean Territory
- I/O, abbreviation for input/output
- Io (programming language), a pure object-oriented programming language
- The IO.SYS file in DOS and Windows 95, 98 and ME
- Io (voievodal title particle), a particle of a title used by Romanian royalty from Moldavia and Walachia
Literature and mythology
- Io, an alternate spelling of the nereid Ino, later known as Leukothea, who in the Odyssey gave Odysseus a veil that allowed him to breathe underwater.
- Io (mythology), daughter of Inachus in Greek mythology, and lover of Zeus who was turned into a cow
- Io, an unfinished acte de ballet (opera) by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Io Matua Kore, in some Māori traditions the supreme god
- Blind Io, the current king of the gods in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of fantasy novels
- Io (Babylon 5), a space station in the science fiction television show Babylon 5
- Scylla Io, one of Poseidon's Marine Generals in the Saint Seiya series
- Io, a hero in the 2013 video game Dota 2
- Io Shirai, (born 1990) Japanese professional wrestler
- Io Perl-Strahan, (born 2001) child actress and niece to Michael Strahan.
- Io, Norway, a village in Meland, Norway
- Mitsubishi Pajero iO, a mini SUV produced by Mitsubishi Motors
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title IO.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.