I Am Arrows
|I Am Arrows|
I Am Arrows on the location for their first video
We Are Scientists
I Am Arrows is an indie rock band founded by former Razorlight drummer Andy Burrows in June 2009. Eleven days after he left Razorlight, it was revealed that Burrows had signed to Universal Records – the same record label as his ex-band.
Although Andy wrote and recorded the album by himself, the band includes his younger brother, Ben (bass & backing vocals), brothers Adam and Ben Chetwood (lead guitar & drums respectively) and Nick Hill (guitar & backing vocals)
The band played a summer residency at the Old Blue Last pub in Shoreditch through June and July 2010 and also played the Wickerman festival, along with supporting Muse at Stade De France in Paris and at the Wembley stadium in September.
I Am Arrows completed a 9-date full UK tour in September 2010. In March 2011 I am arrows supported Editors in a charity gig for Teenage Cancer Trust.
Record of the week
- Sun Comes Up Again (2010) #38 (UK Album Chart)
Their song "Nice Try" is featured in the movie Friends with Benefits.
- "Andy Burrows quits Razorlight – exclusive | News". Nme.Com. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "Lily Allen, Biffy Clyro To Support Muse At Wembley Stadium Gigs". Gigwise. 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "MUSE: TOUR DATES - Wembley Stadium, London, UK". Muse.mu. 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- "Andy Burrows' I Am Arrows announce UK tour and ticket details | News". Nme.Com. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- - 17:05. "Radio 2 - Playlist". BBC. Retrieved 2010-07-14.