Iain "Huey" Hewitson (born 4 October 1948), is a New Zealand-born chef, restaurateur, author and television personality who moved to Australia in 1972. He is best known for his television involvement with Network Ten. He was also the face of supermarket chain BI-LO.
Between 1992 and 1998, Hewitson appeared on the Ten lifestyle show Healthy, Wealthy and Wise, in which he presented the cooking segments. Until December 2005, Hewitson was a regular chef on the networks morning talk program GMA with Bert Newton. Ensuing programs with his participation include Huey's TV Dinner and Never Trust a Skinny Cook. He has been the main host of Huey's Cooking Adventures (1997 - 2010) and Huey's Kitchen (2010 - 2014).
- Tolarno Eating House & Bar, St Kilda, Victoria, Australia
- Big Huey's Diner, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
In the 1960s, Hewitson was a folk singer as well as a member of bands "Cellophane" and "Sebastian's Floral Array". Both of them were winners in the New Zealand version of the Battle of the Bands competitions.
In 1968, he became a member of a band called 691. At the end of the year the band had become Cellophane. The line-up included Hewitson on vocals, Dave Wellington on lead guitar, Michael Hill on bass, Pam Potter on keyboards, and John Van der Ryden on drums. They were managed by Colin Misseldine. In 1969 they recorded and self-produced four tracks at HMV studios for Pye. The songs included a cover of the Arthur Brown psychedelic rock hit, "Fire"; "Mind Patterns", which was written by Hewitson; and "I Can’t Quit Her". The band broke up in 1970. "Fire", backed with "Mind Patterns", was released on Pye 7N-14009. Both "Hey Joe" by Sebastian's Floral Array, and "Fire" by Cellophane, appear on the various artists compilation, A Day In My Mind's Mind Volume 4.
According to Hewitson, one of his favorite things is the Rickenbacker guitar along with the Vox amplifier his wife bought for him as a surprise Christmas present.
- Never Trust a Skinny Cook : Huey's Culinary Travelogue - Allen & Unwin - 2005 - ISBN 1741146925
- Huey's Greatest Hits - Allen & Unwin - 2003 - ISBN 1865088609
- A Cook's Journey More Than 150 Recipes from TV's Top Chef - Viking, Melbourne, 1993 - ISBN 0670906239
- The Huey Diet - Allen & Unwin -2001 - ISBN 1865085596
- LifeStyle FOOD – Chef – Iain Hewitson Archived 8 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
- Hey Joe Covers - SEBASTIAN's FLORAL ARRAY
- EntertainOZ - IAIN HEWITSON, Leading Australian Chef
- Audio Culture, 18 Jul 2014 - Simon Grigg
- 45cat Record Details, Artist: Cellophane, Catalogue: 7N-14009
- Hey Joe Covers Performer: (interprete) SEBASTIAN's FLORAL ARRAY
- Discogs Various – A Day In My Mind's Mind - Volume 4 - Hurt, Love And Fire
- The Daily Telegraph, October 3, 2014 - At home with celebrity chef Iain Hewitson who admits his kitchen isn’t his favourite place to be By Chelsea Clark
- Mumzone - Iain ‘Huey’ Hewitson and daughter Charlotte Archived 14 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- Huey's Kitchen – homepage on the Channel Ten site.
- Audio Culture - Cellophane history, featuring info on Hewitson