Healthy, Wealthy and Wise
|Healthy, Wealthy and Wise|
|Created by||Michael Dickinson|
|Presented by||Ronnie Burns|
Felicity Kennett (Seasons 6 & 7)
Jacki MacDonald (Season 1)
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||8|
|Executive producer||Gavan Disney|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Network Ten|
|Picture format||4.3 PAL|
|Original release||3 February 1992 –|
23 November 1998
The show was created and produced by Michael Dickinson and Executive Producer Gavan Disney, once the producer of the Nine Network's long-running variety show Hey Hey it's Saturday and packaged by Disney Entertainment P/L for the Ten Network and its affiliates throughout the world.
The title takes its name from the proverb, "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." This quote is often attributed to Benjamin Franklin since it appeared in his Poor Richard's Almanack; however, it was first used in print by John Clarke in a 1639 book of English and Latin proverbs.
Notable people associated with the programme included Felicity Kennett, wife of the then Premier of Victoria Jeff Kennett, and Jim Brown, a former Ten eyewitness news journalist.
Others such as Iain Hewitson used the opportunity to develop an ongoing TV career with the show as a starting point, including crafts lady Tonia Todman. The show's finance guru Ross Greenwood enjoyed particular success and became network finance editor on the Nine Network.
List of contributors
Some featured reporters and presenters on the show included:
- Jacki MacDonald – Presenter (Season 1)
- Ronnie Burns – Host/presenter
- Felicity Kennett – Presenter (Seasons 6 & 7)
- Jim Brown – Travel
- Ross Greenwood – Finance
- Cherie de Haas – Naturopath
- Iain Hewitson – Chef
- Lyn Talbot – General reporter
- Tonia Todman – Crafts
- Peter Wherrett – Motoring (seasons 3–7)
- The series was also broadcast on television in the U.A.E. on Channel 33, Bahrain TV Channel 55 in Bahrain and on Australian Television Network in various countries including Thailand, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Maldives, Macau, Fiji, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Korea.