Ifakara Health Institute
Ifakara Health Institute logo
|nearly 600 (in 2009)|
|Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre|
The Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania. The institute conducts health-related research in a variety of areas, including malaria and HIV/AIDS.
A field laboratory of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute was founded in Ifakara in 1956 by Rudolf Geigy. From 1981-1984, it was led by Marcel Tanner. It was renamed the "Ifakara Centre" in 1991, the "Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre, IHRDC" in 1996, and the "Ifakara Health Institute" in 2008.
- Ifakara Health Institute, Tanzania (PDF). Excellence in Science: Profiles of Research Institutions in Developing Countries. The World Academy of Sciences. 2009. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Where we are - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Geubbels, Eveline; Amri, Shamte; Levira, Francis; Schellenberg, Joanna; Masanja, Honorati; Nathan, Rose (May 15, 2015). "Health & Demographic Surveillance System Profile: The Ifakara Rural and Urban Health and Demographic Surveillance System (Ifakara HDSS)". International Journal of Epidemiology: 1–14. doi:10.1093/ije/dyv068.
- "Research - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Swiss TPH: Marcel Tanner". swisstph.ch. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Who We Are - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "The End Game - Lifelines - Al Jazeera English". Al Jazeera English - Live US, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Sports, Weather & Business News. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Ifakara Health Institute Website
- Ifakara Health Institute Facebook page
- IHI Digital Library on EPrints.org
- Ifakara Health Institute on SDH-Net
- St. Francis Hospital Topography, including the IHI