Ifakara Health Institute
|nearly 600 (in 2009)|
|Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre|
The Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania. The institute conducts health-related research in a variety of areas, including malaria and HIV/AIDS.
A field laboratory of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute was founded in Ifakara in 1956 by Rudolf Geigy. From 1981-1984, it was led by Marcel Tanner. It was renamed the "Ifakara Centre" in 1991, the "Ifakara Health Research and Development Centre, IHRDC" in 1996, and the "Ifakara Health Institute" in 2008.
- Ifakara Health Institute, Tanzania (PDF). Excellence in Science: Profiles of Research Institutions in Developing Countries. The World Academy of Sciences. 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-08. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Where we are - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Geubbels, Eveline; Amri, Shamte; Levira, Francis; Schellenberg, Joanna; Masanja, Honorati; Nathan, Rose (May 15, 2015). "Health & Demographic Surveillance System Profile: The Ifakara Rural and Urban Health and Demographic Surveillance System (Ifakara HDSS)" (PDF). International Journal of Epidemiology. 44 (3): 848–861. doi:10.1093/ije/dyv068. PMID 25979725.
- "Research - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Swiss TPH: Marcel Tanner". swisstph.ch. Archived from the original on 7 December 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Who We Are - Ifakara Health Institute - IHI". Ifakara Health Institute - IHI. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "The End Game - Lifelines - Al Jazeera English". Al Jazeera English - Live US, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Sports, Weather & Business News. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Fredros Okumu (August 2017). "Why I study the most dangerous animal on earth -- mosquitoes". TED.com. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- Ifakara Health Institute Website
- Ifakara Health Institute Facebook page
- IHI Digital Library on EPrints.org
- Ifakara Health Institute on SDH-Net
- St. Francis Hospital Topography, including the IHI