Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (2011 TV series)
|Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin|
|Also known as||Only You|
|Based on||Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (2001)|
|Developed by||Dode Cruz|
|Directed by||Roderick A.P. Lindayag|
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
|Theme music composer||Louie Ocampo|
|Opening theme||"Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin"|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph Aleta|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||October 10, 2011– February 10, 2012|
Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (International title: Only You / lit. Only You That Will Be Loved) is a Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. The series is a remake of the 2001 television series of the same title. Directed by Roderick Lindayag, it stars Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio, Joyce Ching and Kristofer Martin. It premiered on October 10, 2011 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Sinner or Saint. The series concluded on February 10, 2012 with a total of 90 episodes. It was replaced by The Good Daughter on its timeslot.
Mylene and Clarissa are cousins and best friends at the same time. They are inseparable until a landslide strikes their community, which causes Mylene to suffer from amnesia.
While wearing Mylene's necklace (an heirloom necklace from Mylene's rich father Ferdinand), Clarissa ends up in a slum area and grows up under the care of a family of crooks.
Meanwhile, Mylene lives a difficult life as Katherine, with Ising, the kind woman who saved her from the landslide. After Ising is accused of stealing from the wicked Raquel, Katherine has no choice but to work as a housemaid to pay for Ising's debts and to get her out of the jail.
The two girls have learned to accept their destiny until Clarissa crosses paths with Ferdinand, and mistakes her for being his missing daughter and sole heiress, for she is still wearing Mylene's necklace. Seeing this as an opportunity to live a comfortable life, Clarissa pretends to be Mylene.
By a startling twist of fate, Clarissa then pretending to be Mylene, crosses paths with Charles, Katherine's friend and confidante, and develops romantic feelings for him. As she tries to win Charles' love and attention, Clarissa points false allegations at Katherine, without knowing that Katherine and the real Mylene are one and the same.
Will Clarissa's real identity be revealed? Will Mylene's memory ever return? Will Charles' love for Katherine/Mylene set her free from all the pain and heartache?
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Barbie Forteza as Mylene Avelino Fuentebella / Katherine Somera
- Joshua Dionisio as Charles Ballesteros
- Joyce Ching as Clarissa Delos Angeles
- Kristofer Martin as Jepoy Dimaculangan
- Supporting cast
- Gardo Versoza as Ferdinand Fuentebella
- Sheryl Cruz as Amara Luna
- Tanya Garcia as Lilian Avelino-Fuentebella
- Matet de Leon as Ising Somera
- Karla Estrada as Loida
- Ehra Madrigal as Dra. Katrina
- Ernie Garcia as Badong
- Joko Diaz as Berto
- Kier Legaspi as Joel
- Maricar de Mesa as Helena
- Shirley Fuentes as Raquel
- Victor Aliwalas as Rommel
- Ella Cruz as Britney
- Gianna Cutler as Katherine Somera
- Carmen Soriano as Lola Señora (renamed Señora Corazon)
- Teejay Marquez as Victor
- Special participation
- Sarah Lahbati as young Amara
- Bianca King as young Katherine
- Diva Montelaba as young Lilian
- Elmo Magalona as young Ferdinand
- Julia Joan Chua as Young Clarissa
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila household television ratings, the pilot episode of Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin earned a 15.9% rating. While the final episode scored a 22.2% rating.
- "Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". www.hooq.tv. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- Santiago, Erwin (October 11, 2011). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People & Household Ratings (Oct. 7-10): Eat Bulaga! and Munting Heredera maintain top positions". Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Santiago, Erwin (February 14, 2012). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People & Household Ratings (Feb. 10-13): My Beloved makes strong debut; Survivor Philippines finale rules". Retrieved March 2, 2018.