In-kernel web server
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Performance. The path taken by data from disk to network. Proper asynchronous zero-copy interfaces would make this available from user-space.
- Scalability with respect to number of simultaneous clients. Event notification of comparable scalability seems unlikely in user-space1.
- Security: Kernel processes run with unlimited privileges.
- Portability. Every kernel needs a specific implementation route.
- Reliability. Failure in the webserver may crash the OS.
- illumos/Solaris: NCAkmod aka Network Cache and Accelerator (NCA) kernel module
- HP-UX: NSAhttp
- Linux: TUX
- Mesibo In-kernel real-time messaging server
- Windows NT: http.sys (part of IIS)
- SPIN: http
- OpenVMS: WASD.trap