Jump to navigation Jump to search
Several categories of peripheral devices may be identified, based on their relationship with the computer:
- An input device sends data or instructions to the computer, such as a mouse, keyboard, graphics tablet, image scanner, barcode reader, game controller, light pen, light gun, microphone, digital camera, webcam, dance pad, and read-only memory;
- An output device provides output from the computer, such as a computer monitor, projector, printer, headphones and computer speaker;
- An input/output device performs both input and output functions, such as a computer data storage device (including a disk drive, USB flash drive, memory card and tape drive), network adapter and multi-function printer.
|Look up peripheral in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Controller (computing)
- Display device
- Expansion card
- Punched card input/output
- Punched tape
- Video game accessory
- Laplante, Philip A. (2000). Dictionary of Computer Science, Engineering and Technology. CRC Press. p. 366. ISBN 0-8493-2691-5. Archived from the original on September 3, 2016. Retrieved January 16, 2018.
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|