In the Country
|In the Country|
The band was started by the three fellow students at the Norwegian Academy of Music in 2003. The year after they earned the «JazzIntro» Newcommer Award at Moldejazz (2004), and released their first album This Was The Pace Of My Heartbeat (2004). The third album Without (2009) was named as «one of 2009's best jazz albums» by the All About Jazz reviewer John Kelman. In autumn of 2010 the band was on tour with vibraphonist and guitarist Andreas Mjøs under the auspices of Rikskonsertene, while in June 2011 they was on the fourth USA tour. samtidig som de slapp sitt fjerde album «Sounds and Sights» mottok strålende kritikker.
- 2004: This Was The Pace Of My Heartbeat (Rune Grammofon
- 2006: Losing Stones, Collecting Bones (Rune Grammofon)
- 2009: Whiteout (Rune Grammofon)
- 2011: Sounds And Sights (Rune Grammofon), live album including a DVD
- 2013: Sunset Sunrise (ACT)
- 2014: Skogenes Sang (Grappa Music), with Frida Ånnevik
- 2015: Trails Of Souls (ACT), with Solveig Slettahjell and Knut Reiersrud
- "In The Country". Biography. Moldejazz. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Kelman, John (2009-08-03). "In The Country: Whiteout (2009)". Musical review. All About Jazz. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Mosnes, Terje (2011-06-14). "In The Country klar for USA-turné nummer fire". Musical review (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Hammerø, Tor (2011-06-28). "Verdensklasse". Musical review (in Norwegian). Nettavisen. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to In The Country.|