In the Mix (film)
|In the Mix|
Promotional poster for In the Mix
|Directed by||Ron Underwood|
|Produced by||John Dellaverson|
|Screenplay by||Jacqueline Zambrano|
|Story by||Chanel Capra
|Music by||Aaron Zigman|
|Edited by||Don Brochu|
|Distributed by||Lionsgate (USA)
20th Century Fox (International)
|Box office||$10,223,896 (US and Canada)|
In the Mix (working title: Dying for Dolly) is a 2005 American crime-comedy film starring R&B/pop singer Usher. It was released in the United States on November 23, 2005, the film being targeted at the traditionally large Thanksgiving weekend audience.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (September 2015)|
When New York’s hottest night club disc jockey, Darrell, is asked to DJ a party for mob boss Frank, Darrell becomes acquainted with Frank's beautiful daughter Dolly. Dolly is engaged to Chad, who her father wants her to marry. When Dolly and Darrell fall in love, Darrell is put in danger as both Frank's mob and Darrell's ex-girlfriend Cherise attempt to intervene.
- Usher as Darrell
- Chazz Palminteri as Frank
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Dolly
- Kevin Hart as Busta
- Robert Costanzo as Fat Tony
- Robert Davi as Fish
- Matt Gerald as Jackie
- Anthony Fazio as Frankie Junior
- Geoff Stults as Chad
- Chris Tardio as Angelo
- K.D. Aubert as Cherise
- Isis Faust as Lexi
- Nick Mancuso as Salvatore
- Page Kennedy as Twizzie
- Deezer D as Jojo
The film grossed $10,223,896 at the US box office.
In the Mix received negative reviews from critics, where it currently holds a 14% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 37 reviews, with an average rating of 3.2/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Fans may get a kick out of seeing Usher showcasing his charm on screen, but the movie itself is tone deaf and inconsequential, even by rom-com standards". The film is also listed on the IMDb Bottom 100, where it currently ranks at #96 with a score of 2.8 out of 10 based on 7,453 votes.
- Rico Love – "Settle Down"
- One Chance Jon A. Gordon, Michael A. Gordon (The Gordon Brothers)– "That's My Word"
- Christina Milian – "Be What It's Gonna Be"
- Chris Brown – "Which One" (featuring Noah!)
- Keri Hilson – "Hands & Feet"
- Rico Love – "Sweat" (featuring Usher)
- Ryon Lovett – "Get Acquainted"
- One Chance, Jon A. Gordon, Michael A. Gordon (The Gordon Brothers)– "Could This Be Love"
- Anthony Hamilton – "Some Kind of Wonderful"
- Robin Thicke – "Against the World"
- YoungBloodz – "Murda" (featuring Cutty and Fat Dog)
- Rico Love – "On the Grind" (featuring Juelz Santana and Paul Wall)
- In the Mix at AllMovie
- In the Mix at Box Office Mojo
- In the Mix at the Internet Movie Database
- In the Mix at Rotten Tomatoes
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: In the Mix|