Innovative Concept into Practice
|Headquarters||Shahid Tajuddin Ahmed Sarani, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Managing Director and Chairman: Abdul Muktadir Strategy: S. Rahman|
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. was established in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1999. The company has a manufacturing facility located at Zirabo, Savar. A second larger manufacturing facility has been built in Dhamrai.
Incepta also conducts research and development in order to fulfill unmet needs of the medical community in Bangladesh and abroad.
The company sells its products in Bangladesh and also has begun exporting to both developed and developing countries around the world.
In 2015, Incepta Pharmaceuticals was the first company in Bangladesh to launch a generic version of sofosbuvir in the local Bangladeshi market. The company has begun a gradual shift in strategy to manufacturing and developing more complex generics and focusing on more high-growth emerging markets. Incepta has signed a deal with Bioengineering and German AMS Technology for a joint venture.
- "Local firms still can't invest abroad". thedailystar.net. 2016-06-12. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Mylan's generic Sovaldi launches in India". 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Window of opportunity for the pharma industry". thedailystar.net. 2016-02-02. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Incepta plans to sell hepatitis drug in international market | Dhaka Tribune". archive.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "Incepta Pharmaceuticals jointy launches 'Swiss Biohygienic Equipment'". The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 2016-10-03.