Indiana Christian University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Noblesville, Indiana, United States|
Indiana Christian University (ICU) is a conservative Christian university located in the Indianapolis suburb of Noblesville, Indiana. ICU maintains two main campuses in Indianapolis and South Bend, Indiana, as well as several extension campuses across the United States and also internationally. Indiana Christian University is an accredited member of the Transworld Accrediting Commission International.
According to the school's catalog, the institution started in 1907 as a Bible education group, was chartered in 1923 as Indiana Bible Institute, and became Indiana Bible College in 1934. It adopted the present name in 1940. In 1988 it became part of Lester Sumrall Evangelistic Association (LeSEA Ministries) of South Bend, Indiana, and merged with World Harvest Bible College (not to be confused with World Harvest Bible College in Columbus, Ohio, which is now Valor Christian College) in 1993.
The school is accredited by the Transworld Accrediting Commission International, which is not recognized by the US Department of Education. Credits will more than likely have no ability to transfer to other accredited intuition. As of 2008, it was listed as having approval from the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs for military veterans' education for associate's and bachelor's degrees.
Indiana Christian University offers a one-year "Certificate of Charismatic Studies", as well as various Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, and graduate and post-graduate degrees.
Alumni and honorary degree recipients
|This section does not cite any sources. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Tunde Bakare - Honorary D.Min. - Vice Presidential Candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Joseph Chambers - Pentecostal minister and author
- Ulf Ekman - Honorary D.D. - President of Livets Ord University.
- George L. Faull - Rel. D. in 1981 - Founder and president of Summit Theological Seminary
- Charles Humble - honorary Doctor of Psychology - promulgator of the controversial "Computer Voice Stress Analyzer", used in U.S. police and military organizations to verify truthfulness of subjects' statements (although the accuracy of this method has been seriously undermined, e.g. by Hollien et al (2008) Journal of Forensic Sciences)
- Rod Parsley- Hon. D.D. Christian Minister (World Harvest Church), author, and founder and chancellor of Valor Christian College
- Harold S. Slusher - Honorary D.Sc - Controversial creationist
- "2009 ICU Catalog" (PDF). Indiana Christian University. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help)[permanent dead link]
- "Directory of Institutions". Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education. Archived from the original on March 23, 2008.
- "Indiana Christian University". LeSEA Ministries. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Kendrick Frazier. Science Confronts the Paranormal. Prometheus Books. p. 314. ISBN 9781615926190.
|This article about a university or college in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|