From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up indica in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Indica is classical Greek and Latin for "of India". It (therefore) is used to mean various India-related things, including:
- Historical ethnographic accounts of India
- Indica (Arrian), Arrian's account of Nearchus' voyage from India
- Indica (Al-Biruni), Al-Biruni's account of his travels in India
- Indica (Ctesias), a recording of the beliefs of the Persians about India by the classical Greek author Ctesias
- Indica (Megasthenes), the Megasthenes' account of his travels in India
- Brands and companies
- Indica Records, a Quebec record label
- Tata Indica, an automobile by Tata Motors, India
- Indica India Pale Ale, beer by Lost Coast Brewery
Biology / Taxonomy
If a species originates in India, its scientific name sometimes includes "Indica"
- Apis cerana indica, a subspecies of honey bee and one of the important pollinating agents for coconut Palms
- Acacia nilotica subsp. indica, a perennial tree native to Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan
- Oryza sativa var. indica, the Indica rice, a long-grained cultivar of rice
- Puccinia substriata var. indica, a plant pathogen subspecies
- Cannabis indica
- All pages with titles containing "indica"
- Indicus (disambiguation)
- Indicum (disambiguation)
- Mangifera austro-indica, a plant species endemic to India
- Opuntia ficus-indica, the prickly pear, the Indian fig opuntia or barbary fig, a cactus species and a long-domesticated crop plant important in agricultural economies throughout arid and semiarid parts of the world
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Indica.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.