28 September 1967
Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation||Actor, historian, writer, YouTube personality|
Indiana "Indy" Neidell (born 28 September 1967) is an American historian and YouTube personality, best known for his video series, The Great War on The Great War Channel which documented World War I in real time using modern research, various secondary sources and archival footage. A similar project about World War II began in September 2018. Neidell is also a writer and actor with credits that include Metropia and numerous commercials in Europe, as well as video game voice-acting.
Early life and education
Neidell was approached by Mediakraft, the producers of The Great War, to host the series after they saw a series of videos he had produced between May and September 2013 about the history of baseball, entitled Watch Sunday Baseball. The Great War spin-off YouTube channel It's History also featured Neidell as a guest host for episodes on famous military campaigns.
In June 2017, he launched the TimeGhost History YouTube channel with Spartacus Olsson, the creator of The Great War and producer for its first two years. The first feature was day-by-day coverage of the Cuban Missile Crisis, 55 years to the day after the event. In April 2018, they launched the "Between-2-Wars" series to recap the Interwar period.
On September 1, 2018, the 79th anniversary of World War II, the new major project about said war began; starting the week-by-week coverage in real time with a planned runtime of over 6 years.
The Great War project officially ended on November 11th, 2018, exactly 100 years after the signing of the Armistice at Compiègne which formally ended all hostilities in the First World War. Neidell stated in his finale video that the channel will continue to release some episodes about events following the First World War. As for himself, Neidell has moved on to focus on other projects, such as the aforementioned World War II series.
- "Interview with Indy Neidell I THE GREAT WAR - Special"
- "The Great War".
- "Houstonian hosted 'The Great War' series on Youtube". Houston Chronicle.
- "This Documentary Is Telling the Story of World War I in Real Time - VICE - United States". VICE. 30 August 2016.
- "WWI YouTube Series Builds A Week-By-Week Horror Story". NPR.
- "World War Two".
- "Indy Neidell". imdb.com.
- Neidell, Indiana. "Watch Sunday Baseball". YouTube. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Svenskamerikanerna – så röstar vi" (in Swedish). Afton Bladet.
- The Great War on YouTube
- TimeGhost History on YouTube
- TimeGhost History on Patreon
- Watch Sunday Baseball on YouTube
- World War Two on YouTube
|This biographical article about a YouTuber is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|