|This article has been translated from the article Infernum in the Polish Wikipedia, and requires proofreading.|
|Labels||Witching Hour Production
Astral Wings Records
Sound Riot Records
Infernum is a black metal band founded in 1992 in Wrocław, Poland by Grzegorz Jurgielewicz (a.k.a. "Anextiomarus" and "Karcharoth") and Tom Balrog playing also in Oppressor and at present in Baphomets Throne.
The group was formed in 1992 in Wrocław, Poland by Grzegorz Jurgielewicz stepping out under the pseudonym "Anextiomarus" (electric guitar, bass guitar, vocals) and Tom Balrog (percussive instruments). In this line-up the band recorded a demo entitled The Dawn Will Never Come (1993) and several months later another promo material entitled Damned Majesty with the help of a keyboardist Robert Fudali (pseudonym Rob Darken) from the band Graveland. At the start of 1994, Tom Balrog left the band and was replaced by Capricornus on the drums. In 1994, the band released their debut album entitled Taur - Nu - Fuin, which was published by Astral Wings Records. This release was seen as an early publication of the so-called National Socialist black metal.
Some time later, Infernum was temporarily suspended. Before the split-up, Infernum recorded a demo entitled When the Light Has Died including three new songs without vocals or the keyboards, which has since been circulating among the band's fans. Soon after that Anextiomarus suspended all Infernum's activity. According to Rob Darken, Karcharoth became an informant to the Polish authorities, who were exerting pressure on various individuals connected with black metal groups and nationalist ideologies.
In winter 2002, Infernum officially resumed its activity with the following line-up: Anextiomarus (vocals, electric guitar), Charon (percussive instruments), Necromanticus (electric guitar), Wolf (bass guitar) and Exterminus (keyboard instruments). They started recording an album entitled The Curse. After the recordings were finished, on 7 May 2004, Anextiomarus committed suicide, which was the after-effect of his mental condition of many years (schizophrenia). In 2006, the CD entitled The Curse was published by Sound Riot Records.
After the split-up of Infernum, Rob Darken and Anextiomarus later on revived and continued their own incarnations of the band, leading to the existence of two different bands with the same name and from the same city. Darken's Infernum was against the wishes of Infernum's founder, Anextiomarus. They released an album called Farewell, which contains material from the demo When the Light Has Died.
In 2009, Charon and Necromanticus left the band whereas Tom Balrog, one of its co-founders, returned to Infernum. The band has been recently working on a new record.
- (1993) The Dawn Will Never Come (Demo)
- (1993) Damned Majesty (Demo) Witching Hour Production
- (1994) Taur - Nu - Fuin (CD Astral Wings Records)
- (1995) When The Light Has Died (unfinished material)
- (2006) The Curse (CD Sound Riot Records)
- Exterminus - electric guitar, keyboard instruments
- Wolf a.k.a. Bael V.B - guitar/bass guitar also (Baphomets Throne)
- Tom Balrog - percussive instruments (1992–1994) ex (Oppressor), actual name (Baphomets Throne)
- Grzegorz Jurgielewicz Anextiomarus - composer, vocals, electric guitar (1992-2004) - Graveland (1993-1995)
- Rob Darken - keyboard instruments (sessions) (1993–1996)
- Capricornus - percussive instruments (1994–1996)
- Charon - percussive instruments (2002–2009)
- Necromanticus - electric guitar (2002–2009)
- Official Graveland Bio
- CoC: Infernum - Farewell: Review - [http://web.archive.org/web/20120320022456/http://www.chroniclesofchaos.com/reviews/albums/2-3748_infernum_farewell.aspx] archived version
- "Infernum's Official Site". Official Site of Infernum. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2007-04-03). "Infernum Biography". MusicMight. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Infernum Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- Other sites