Ingrid Søfteland Neset
|Birth name||Ingrid Søfteland Neset|
9 May 1992 |
|Genres||Classical music, jazz|
|Instruments||Flute, piccolo flute, clarinet, piano|
Ingrid Søfteland Neset (born 9 May 1992 in Os, Hordaland) is an award-winning Norwegian Classical flautist living in Stavanger (2017). She is the daughter of music teachers guitarist Terje Neset (b. 1959) and pianist Anne Leni Søfteland Sæbø (b. 1961), and the sister of the vocalist Anna Søfteland Neset (b. 1987) and jazz saxophonist Marius Søfteland Neset (b. 1985). She is known from numerous performances with orchestras like Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra and in concerts and recordings (Birds 2013) with her older brother Marius Neset.
Neset picked up the flute at the age of ten and attended the Music program at Langhaugen vgs. (2008–10). She is a part of the talented class "Unge Musikere", of the Griegakademiet, where she has been under guidance of flautist and professor Gro Sandvik, she has attended master classes with some of the leading flautists in the world, like Sharon Bezaly, Ian Clarke, Wissam Boustany, in the summer of 2009 she was invited to join in a flute workshop in Weggis, Switzerland directed by the renowned flautist and flute teacher James Galway, and studied music on the bachelor's program at the The Royal Danish Academy of Music (2010–13). From 2015 Neset is appointed prinsipal flautist of the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra.
Neset gave five concerts with the trio 'Jenter fra Bergen' at the 'Fartein Valen Festival' in 2009, played with the Young Symphony Orchestra at the Bergen International Festival, and performed for the Norwegian royal family when they visited Austevoll the same year. In 2013 she first participated on her brothers album Birds with festival appearances on such as Vossajazz, and there after on the album Escapism (2013) Neset collaborated with the Danish artist Fallulah (Maria Apetri), with performance on the Isle of Wight Festival in England.
- 2009: Musician of the Year at the Norwegian Young Musician Competition in Oslo
- 2009: Drømmestipendet
- 2011: The Partas Culture Scholarships
- 2013: Young Star Prize awarded by Statkraft at 'Hardanger Musikkfest'
- 2015: Winner of this years soloist competition awarded by The Royal Danish Academy of Music
- With Marius Neset
- With Fallulah
- Bruarøy, Kjetil Vasby (24 December 2012). "Musikarfamilie i julestemning" (in Norwegian). midtsiden.no. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Patterson, Ian (17 December 2012). "Marius Neset: Birds – Review". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Ingrid Søfteland Neset – Royal Danish Academy of Music". Zoominfo.com. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Lindebotten, John (11 April 2012). "Unge mestere i gammel tradisjon" (in Norwegian). Bergens Tidende. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Stavanger Symphony Orchestra - musicians". Stavanger Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved 2017-04-30.
- Wicklund, Erling (30 April 2013). "Marius Neset – Birds Review" (in Norwegian). NRK Jazz. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Ingrid Søfteland Neset mottar Statkraft's Young Star stipend 2013" (in Norwegian). HardangerMusikkfest.no. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Ett steg nærmere den store drømmen" (in Norwegian). Drommestipendet.no. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- Arstad, Hege (2009-12-03). "Partas Kulturstipend" (in Norwegian). Partas.no. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Fløytist vant Young Star-prisen" (in Norwegian). Hardanger Musikkfest. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Trondheim jazzorkester og Marius Neset" (in Norwegian). Vossajazz. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Fløjtenist vinder DKDM's solistkonkurrence" (in Danish). DKDM.dk. Retrieved 2015-05-04.