This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
INTERMAT is an international exhibition of equipment, machinery and techniques for the construction and materials industries, which is held every three years in Paris.
INTERMAT is a major international event showing the equipment and techniques used in the international building and civil engineering sectors. It's the world's third largest exhibition in this sector.
|Frequency||Every 3 years|
|Location(s)||Parc des Expositions de Villepinte, Paris France|
|Participants||1 350 exhibitors (67% international)|
|Attendance||200 000 visitors|
First called EXPOMAT, the exhibition was initially held at the Paris – Le Bourget Airport. The show only became INTERMAT in 1988 when it took place at Parc des Expositions de Villepinte for the very first time.
During the last exhibition, held in 2012, INTERMAT gathered together 1,350 exhibitors, 67% international, and more than 200,000 visitors ― including 145,082 identified trade visitors (up 15.8% on 2009), 34.2% international
Several manufacturers display their construction machinery and equipment in a dedicated outdoor demonstration area called PARIS Demos, providing the opportunity to highlight machinery and equipment performance in simulated working conditions. The programme includes demonstrations of site machinery: backhoe loaders, mechanical diggers, mini-excavators, loaders and graders.
INTERMAT Middle East
INTERMAT Middle East is a regional exhibition and conference for infrastructure, building machinery and construction materials.
The host city is Abu Dhabi.
Sectors of activity
- Components, equipment and accessories
- Lifting and handling
- Concrete, scaffolding and formwork
- Demolition and deconstruction
- Drilling and Boring
- Road, mining and quarrying, materials processing, recycling
- Engineering, services
A global offering, assembled by the principal international construction equipment manufacturers: Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi, Volvo, Liebherr, JCB, Bobcat Company, Haulotte Group, Case New Holland, John Deere, Michelin, Wirtgen, Groupe Fayat, Mécalac Ahlmann, Manitou, etc.
- The industry’s decision-makers, expert channels and users:
- Global construction leaders,
- Construction companies,
- Equipment manufacturers, distributors and rental firms,
- Users (heavy plant drivers, mechanics, hoisting machine operators, crane drivers, masons, etc.)
- Industrialists and material traders,
- Contracting authorities,
- Service companies and financial institutions.
- Creation : 1988
- Frequency: Every three years
- Next exhibition: 2015
- Venue: Parc des Expositions de Villepinte Paris, FRANCE
- Exhibition area: 375 000 m2 surface area dedicated to construction equipment, components and accessories for the civil engineering, building and materials industries
- Noteworthy feature: two 30 000 m2 outdoor demonstration areas with machinery and equipment displays
- Exhibitors: 1,350 exhibitors, 75% of whom are international (2012 statistics)
- Visitors: 200,000 visitors from all over the world
- Bilan d'Intermat 2012 Forum Chantiers (Publié le 18/07/2012)
- Bilan d'Intermat : un baromètre de la croissance rassurant pour 2012 BFM Business (Publié le 02/05/2012)
- BILAN D’INTERMAT 2012 Les Routiers
- 15,8% de visiteurs en plus lors d’Intermat 2012 Le Moniteur.fr (Publié le 23/04/2012)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Intermat.|