International Crop Information System
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Crop Information System (ICIS) is a database system that provides integrated management of global information on crop improvement and management both for individual crops and for farming systems. Ambiguous germplasm identification, difficulty in tracing pedigree information and lack of integration between genetic resources, breeding, evaluation, utilization and management data have constrained development of more knowledge-intensive crop research efforts. ICIS is being developed by agricultural scientists and information technicians in several centres of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), in Advanced Research Institutions (ARIs), and in National Agricultural Research Systems (NARSs) to address these constraints.
ICIS Specific References
- Bruskiewich R, Cosico A, Eusebio W, Portugal A, Ramos LR, Reyes T, Sallan MAB, Ulat VJM, Wang X, McNally KL, Sackville Hamilton R and McLaren CG. "Linking Genotype To Phenotype: The International Rice Information System (IRIS)." 2003. Bioinformatics 19(Suppl.1):i63-i65
- Fox, PN. and Skovmand, B. (1996). "The International Crop Information System (ICIS) - connects genebank to breeder to farmer’s field." Plant adaptation and crop improvement (eds. M. Cooper and G.L. Hammer), CAB International. pp 317–326.
- McLaren, CG; Bruskiewich, RM; Portugal, AM; Cosico, AB. 2005. "The International Rice Information System. a platform for meta-analysis of rice crop data." Plant Physio. 139 (2): 637-642
- Portugal, Arllet; Balachandra, Ranjan; Metz, Thomas; Bruskiewich, Richard and McLaren, Graham; "International Crop Information System for Germplasm Data Management." 2007, Plant Bioinformatics: Methods and Protocols. Dave Edwards, Editor. Methods Mol Biol.406:459-72 Humana Press. Totowa, New Jersey, USA
Related Project References
- Bruskiewich, Richard et al 2008 "The Generation Challenge Programme Platform: Semantic Standards and Workbench for Crop Science", International Journal of Plant Genomics, vol. 2008, Article ID 369601, 6 pages. doi:10.1155/2008/369601
- Bruskiewich, Richard et al 2006. The Generation Challenge Programme (GCP)-Standards for Crop Data. OMICS 10(2):215-219
- Bruskiewich R, Metz T and McLaren G. 2006. Bioinformatics and crop information systems in rice research. IRRN 31(1):5-12
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|