Into the White Night
|Into the White Night|
|Directed by||Yoshihiro Fukagawa|
|Produced by||Hiroyuki Ishigaki|
|Written by||Yoshihiro Fukagawa
|Based on||Byakuyakō (English title: Journey Under the Midnight Sun)
by Keigo Higashino
|Music by||Mamiko Hirai|
|Edited by||Naoya Bando|
|Distributed by||GAGA CORPORATION|
Into the White Night (白夜行 Byakuyako) is a 2010 Japanese film directed by Yoshihiro Fukagawa. It was screened in the Main Programme of the Panorama section at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival. It is based on a novel by Keigo Higashino.
A pawn shop owner in Osaka is murdered, but due to a lack of conclusive evidence the police lists the man's death as a suicide. Detective Sasagaki, who investigated the case, can't forget the main suspect's daughter Yukiho (Maki Horikita) and the pawn shop owner's son Ryoji.
As time goes by, more mysterious deaths surround Yukiho and Ryoji. Detective Sasagaki, still unable to let go of the pawn shop owner case, discovers startling details about Yukiho and Ryoji.
- Maki Horikita as Yukiho Karasawa
- Kengo Kora as Ryoji Kirihara
- Keiko Toda as Yaiko Kirihara
- Tetsushi Tanaka as Isamu Matsuura
- Ayame Koike as Mika Shinozuka
- Eichiro Funakoshi as Junjo Sasagaki
- Nobuo Kyo as Kazunari Shinozuka
- Yurie Midori as Eriko Kawashima
- Urara Awata as Noriko Kurihara
- Yuki Imai as Ryoji Kirihara (10 years old)
- Shiori Fukumoto as Yukiho Nishimoto (10 years old)
- 白夜行 (2010) (in Japanese). allcinema.net. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- "Panorama 2011 with Renowned Directors, Three Films on India and Many New Discoveries". berlinale.de. 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|