Kamisama no Karute
|Kamisama no Karute|
Poster advertising this movie in Japan
|Directed by||Yoshihiro Fukagawa|
|Produced by||Akio Kobayashi, Yutaka Onishi, Julie K. Fujishima, Koji Ishida, Tomoko Machida, Minami Ichikawa|
|Written by||Noriko Goto|
|Story by||Sosuke Natsukawa|
|Starring||Sho Sakurai, Aoi Miyazaki|
|Music by||Suguru Matsutani|
|Edited by||Naoya Bandō|
Dr. Ichito Kuriharai (Sho Sakurai) works at a clinic in Nagano Prefecture. He rarely has any free time due to the clinic's shortage of doctors and the constant influx of patients. Ichito even sometimes diagnoses patients out of his area of specialty and sometimes goes days without sleeping. He hopes to work at a major hospital where he can get more free time to spend with his wife Haruna (Aoi Miyazaki) and also specialize in his field of study. However, Ichito is also reluctant to add to shortage of doctors at the clinic and break his relationships with the patients.
One day, Dr. Ichito Kuriharai clears out the belongings of a terminal cancer patient who died. During this time, he discovers a letter made out to him thanking him for the care he provided to her, even though he could not cure her sickness. Dr. Ichito Kuriharai then has a revelation about the medical chart he keeps in his hand - filled with personal observations and concerns...
- Sho Sakurai, from the band Arashi, stars in this film as Ichito Kurihara. Kurihara is a physician who works at a clinic in Nagano Prefecture.
- Aoi Miyazaki plays Haruna, Kurihara's wife and a mountain photographer.
- Jun Kaname
- Michiko Kichise
- Yoshinori Okada
- Aki Asakura
- Taizo Harada
- Tokuma Nishioka
- Chizuru Ikewaki
- Mariko Kaga
- Akira Emoto
Kamisama no Karute grossed around 302.85 million yen on its debut weekend, making it the highest grossing film in the Japanese box office for the weekend of 27–28 August 2011. About 240 thousand audience went to watch this film over the same weekend, of which over half were made up of middle school students. Also, according to the film's official website, female audience outnumbered the male audience by a ratio of 93 to 7. It reached the 1 million audience mark on 13 September 2011.
- 神様のカルテ (2011) (in Japanese). allcinema.net. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- 桜井、内科医初挑戦…映画「神様のカルテ」 (in Japanese). Hochi Shimbun. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- "Teaser - In His Chart (Kamisama no Karte)". nipponcinema. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "神様のカルテ on eiga.com" (in Japanese). eiga.com. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- 映画興行成績 ：櫻井翔効果で「神様のカルテ」が初登場首位 (in Japanese). Mainichi Shimbun Digital Co.Ltd. 2011-08-30. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- 「神様のカルテ」100万人突破、櫻井＆加賀がヒット御礼 (in Japanese). eiga.com. 2011-09-13. Retrieved 2011-09-16.