Irina Demick (1964)
16 October 1936|
Pommeuse, Seine-et-Marne, France
|Died||8 October 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.
Born Irina Dziemiach, of Russian ancestry, in Pommeuse, Seine-et-Marne, she went to Paris and became a model. She made an appearance in a French film Julie la rousse (1959) and met producer Darryl F. Zanuck, whose lover she became: he then cast her in his epic production, The Longest Day as a French resistance fighter. Her career continued with roles in OSS se déchaîne (1963), The Visit (1964), alongside Ingrid Bergman and Anthony Quinn, Un monsieur de compagnie (1964) with Catherine Deneuve and Jean-Pierre Cassel and Up from the Beach (1965) opposite Cliff Robertson and Red Buttons. In 1965, she played in La Métamorphose des cloportes, and seven roles in Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines, each one of a different nationality.
After making a few more films including Prudence and the Pill (1968) and Le Clan des Siciliens (The Sicilian Clan, 1969), with Jean Gabin and Alain Delon, and two Italian horror films in 1972, Demick's career faded and came to a standstill.
In 1964, she married Philippe Wahl, a Swiss entrepreneur. Together they lived in Rome and Paris. After her divorce in 1979, she moved to the U.S. She died in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Julie la rousse (1959)
- The Longest Day (1962) as Janine Boitard
- OSS 117 se déchaîne (1963) as Lucia
- The Visit (1964) as Anya
- Un monsieur de compagnie (1964) as Nicole
- Up from the Beach (1965) as Lili Rolland
- Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines (1965) as Brigitte / Ingrid / Marlene / Françoise / Yvette / Betty
- La Métamorphose des cloportes (1965) as Catherine Verdier
- Grieche sucht Griechin (1966) as Chloé Saloniki
- Tiffany Memorandum (1967) as Sylvie Meynard
- Prudence and the Pill (1968) as Elizabeth Brett
- La porta del cannone (1969) as Rada Kálmán
- The Archangel (1969) as Sig.ra Taroochi Roda
- The Sicilian Clan (1969) as Jeanne Manalese
- Die Weibchen (1970) as Anna
- Quella chiara notte d'ottobre (1970)
- Goya, a Story of Solitude (1971) as Duchess d'Alba
- Naked Girl Killed in the Park (1972) as Magda Wallenberger
- Tragic Ceremony (1972) as Bill's mother (final film role)