Isaac Hempstead Wright
Hempstead Wright in 2017
|Born||Isaac William Hempstead|
9 April 1999
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Isaac Hempstead-Wright (born Isaac William Hempstead; 9 April 1999) is an English actor. He is best known for his role as Bran Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones, which earned him a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Young Supporting Actor in a TV Series.
Isaac Hempstead-Wright was born 9 April 1999 in Surrey, England. He studied at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Faversham, Kent. He had no interest in acting until he joined a drama club to avoid playing football on Saturday mornings during the cold months of the year.
Hempstead-Wright started acting in commercials and studied acting at the Kent Youth Theatre in Canterbury. He made his film debut in The Awakening, but his big break came when he played Bran Stark in the hit television series Game of Thrones. He was part of the initial starring cast and remained a member of the starring cast for the second, third, and fourth seasons, which earned him two Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations as Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series at the 18th and 20th Screen Actors Guild Awards. He did not appear in Season 5, but returned as part of the main cast in season 6.
Hempstead Wright was a first year student at the University of Birmingham studying maths and music, until dropping out early in order to focus on his acting career. He hopes to return to the university and complete his degree once Game of Thrones has ended.
|2013||Closed Circuit||Tom Rose|
|2014||The Boxtrolls||Eggs||Voice and movement|
|Game of Thrones||Bran Stark||Main Role (Seasons 1–4, 6–), 35 episodes|
Episode: "Chap Stewie"
|2016||Revolting Rhymes (Part Two)||Jack||Voice|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Scream Awards||Best Ensemble||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2011||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2013||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actor||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
|2013||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in Drama Series||Game of Thrones||Nominated|||
- Robin Kawakami (14 February 2015). "WSJ Interview". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Isaac Hempstead Wright". BoyActors. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "2013 NOMINATIONS". Young Artist Awards. 2013. Archived from the original on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "The voices behind The Boxtrolls". 12 September 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Isaac Hempstead-Wright: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved 25 April 2014. Archived 16 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "'Game of Thrones' showrunner explains why Bran is not in season 5". Entertainment Weekly. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Hibberd, James (December 28, 2015). "Game of Thrones: First look at Bran Stark in season 6 return". Entertainment Weekly.
- "CLOSED CIRCUIT (2013)". BBFC. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Revolting Rhymes: Two half-hour animated films based on the much-loved rhymes written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake". BBC Media Centre. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Scream Awards 2011". Spike. Archived from the original on 31 March 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.