Second edition cover (1911)
|Set in||Calvados department, 1890s|
|Publisher||Les Éditions de la Nouvelle Revue Française|
25-year-old Gérard Lacase from the Sorbonne studies for his doctorate on Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet at the remote castle of Quartfourche in northern Normandy. He falls in love with a portrait of Isabelle, the daughter of the family who owns the castle.
- "Isabelle". www.goodreads.com.
- https://www.fantasticfiction.com, email@example.com -. "Isabelle by André Gide". www.fantasticfiction.com.
- Horn, Pierre L. (6 January 1977). ""ISABELLE": A DETECTIVE NOVEL BY ANDRÉ GIDE". Romance Notes. 18 (1): 54–61. JSTOR 43801463.
- Alt, Jean-Yves. "Isabelle d'André Gide - Contribution subjective à une mémoire gaie : littérature, cinéma, arts, histoire..."
- Painter, George Duncan (6 January 1968). "André Gide; a critical biography". Atheneum – via Google Books.
|This article about a 1910s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.