|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Iso Omena as seen from the Länsiväylä highway.
|Location||Matinkylä, Espoo, Finland|
|Opening date||September 24, 2001|
|Owner||Doughty Hanson & Co Real Estate Fund|
|No. of stores and services||115|
|Total retail floor area||68,800 m2 (740,557 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||3|
Iso Omena (Finnish for "Big Apple") is a shopping centre in Matinkylä, Espoo, Finland, opened on September 24, 2001. The construction of Iso Omena aimed to take heed of the wishes of the population of Espoo as well as possible. Because of this, Iso Omena includes many centralised municipal and private services. Iso Omena also includes apartments, with a direct connection to the shopping centre.
Iso Omena includes 115 businesses. The total area for rent is approximately 53 thousand square metres. The building has three floors, a parking lot on the bottom floor and a separate parking building and an office tower.
- Businesses: 115
- Floors: Parking lot floor P, Market floor M, Forum floor T and Service floor S
- Total sales: approximately 200 million Euro per year
- Number of visitors: approximately 9 million visitors per year
- Total area 150,000 m²
- Area for rent:
- Shopping centre 52,550 m²
- Offices 8,000 m²
- Senior apartments 7,000 m² (95 apartments)
- Opened: September 24, 2001
- Parking: approximately 2,200 free parking spaces in total:
- Parking lot floor P1 (1,061)
- Parking lot floor P2 (818)
- Outside on the market floor P3 (136)
- Outside on the roof P2 (172)
- Total: 2,187
- Owner: Doughty Hanson & Co Real Estate Fund
- Architect: Mauri Tommila
- Largest businesses:
- Jobs: approximately 1,100
- Motto: "Like a small city"
- Espoo city common service centre
- Ticket service and medical and dental health service
- Office of the Finnish employment bureau
- Movie theatre
Iso Omena can be reached by all buses travelling along Länsiväylä past Matinkylä, and by buses passing over Piispansilta. Starting from autumn 2017, the shopping centre will also be reached by the metro. The Matinkylä metro station is located directly south of Iso Omena.
Media related to Iso Omena at Wikimedia Commons