|Olympic medal record|
István Lévai (born July 23, 1957) is a former boxer from Hungary, who won the bronze medal in the Heavyweight division (91 kg) at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. There he was defeated in the semi finals by titleholder Teófilo Stevenson of Cuba.
Lévai was a nine-time Hungarian amateur champion.
1980 Olympic Results - Boxed as a Super Heavyweights (+91 kg)
- 1st Round - bye
- Quarterfinals - Defeated Anders Eklund of Sweden, 4-1
- Semifinals - Lost to Teófilo Stevenson of Cuba, 0-5
- womanbox.hu: Az UTE Ökölvívó Szakosztály története (in Hungarian)
- profiboksz.hu: Kovács Attila: Régen voltam ilyen jó formában! (in Hungarian)
- monokli.hu: Lévai István: Jó lenne megint 25 évesnek lenni! (in Hungarian)
- Profile on databasesports.com
|This article about an Olympic medalist of Hungary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to a Hungarian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|