Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (Italian: Società Italiana di Selvicoltura ed Ecologia Forestale, or SISEF), established in 1995, is a non-profit cultural association promoting the diffusion of scientific forest culture in Italy, and all over the world.
SISEF mission is to promote researches on:
- structure, functionality and sustainable management of forest ecosystems
- forest habitat, forest biodiversity and genetics
- dendro-ecology, silviculture, wood production and technology, forest harvesting
- landscape, forest ecosystem services
SISEF aims also to promote
- Coordination, strengthening and networking of forest research
- Forest education
SISEF supports communication among its members interested in studying forest science and forestry issues, covering all aspects of an interdisciplinary science, including biology, ecology, silviculture, wood production, climate change, environmental and socio-economy aspects.
SISEF is accredited by ANVUR, the Italian National Agency for the evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes; and is a member of AISSA, the Italian Association of Scientific Agriculture Societies.
All the Italian and foreign researchers interested in the activities carried out by the Society can be members of SISEF. The SISEF members elect every two years five members of the Board, one Secretary and one President. Three auditor board members are also elected for supervising the SISEF budgeting. An annual fee is due by the SISEF members. Currently, SISEF has about 260 members.
|Years||President||Secretary||Members of Board||Auditor Board|
|2012-2015||Marco Marchetti||Giovanni Sanesi||Elena Paoletti, Gabriele Bucci, Giustino Tonon, Marco Fioravanti, Silvano Fares||Marco Borghetti, Davide Travaglini, Federico Maetzke|
|2007-2011||Giuseppe Scarascia Mugnozza|
|1999-2003||Giuseppe Scarascia Mugnozza|
SISEF coordinates research groups related to specific forest issues
|Name of research group||Coordinator||Active since|
|Pollution and forests||Silvano Fares||1998|
|Terpenes in ecology||Marco Michelozzi||1998|
|Forest Biodiversity||Silvia Fineschi||1998|
|Wood production||Gianfranco Minotta||1998|
|Forest Modeling||Federico Magnani||2000|
|Forests and Climate Change||Paolo De Angelis||2000|
|History and archeology of forest Landscape||Mauro Agnoletti||2014|
|Soil Ecology||Andrea Squartini||2006|
|Forest management||Paolo Cantiani e Fabrizio Ferretti||2007|
|Forest geomatics||Gherardo Chirici||2012|
|Wood technology and forest harvesting||Roberto Zanuttini||2014|
|Management of Forest Fire||Davide Ascoli, Michele Salis, Luca Tonarelli||2016|
|Urban greening||Fabio Salbitano||2017|
SISEF organizes a National Congress every two years, in order to create an opportunity for interaction and exchange between researchers and stakeholders.
- 11° SISEF National Congress - "La foresta che cambia. Ricerca, qualità della vita e opportunità in un paese che cambia" - Roma 10-13 October 2017
- 10° SISEF National Congress - "Sostenere il Pianeta, Boschi per la vita" - Firenze, 15-18 September 2015
- 9º SISEF National Congress – “Multifunzionalità degli ecosistemi forestali montani: sfide e opportunità per la ricerca e lo sviluppo” - Bolzano, 16-19 September 2013
- 8º SISEF National Congress – “Selvicoltura e conservazione del suolo: la sfida Europea per una gestione territoriale integrata” - Rende (CS), 04-07 October 2011
- 7º SISEF National Congress – “Sviluppo e adattamento, naturalità e conservazione: opportunità per un sistema forestale in transizione” - Pesche (IS), 29 Set – 03 October 2009
- 6º SISEF National Congress – “La Gestione delle Foreste tra Cambiamenti Globali e Azioni Locali” -Arezzo, 25-27 September 2007
- 5º SISEF National Congress – “Foreste e Società: Cambiamenti, Conflitti, Sinergie” - Grugliasco (TO), 27-29 September 2005
- 4º SISEF National Congress – “Meridiani foreste” - Rifreddo (PZ), 07-10 October 2003
- 3º SISEF National Congress - “Alberi e Foreste per il Nuovo Millennio” - Viterbo, 15-18 October 2001
- 2º SISEF National Congress – “Applicazioni e Prospettive per la Ricerca Forestale Italiana”- Bologna, 20-22 October 1999
- 1º SISEF National Congress – “La Ricerca Italiana per le Foreste e la Selvicoltura” - Legnaro (PD), 04-06 June 1997
SISEF publishes two scholarly journals:
i Forest is an Open Access, peer-reviewed online journal. The journal encompasses a broad range of research aspects concerning forest science: forest ecology, biodiversity/genetics and ecophysiology, silviculture, forest inventory and planning, forest protection and monitoring, forest harvesting, landscape ecology, forest history, wood technology. iForest is freely and universally accessible online. It has been selected for coverage by Thomson Reuters Web of Science (Impact Factor 2013 JCR: 1.150) and SCOPUS.
Forest@ is an Open Access, peer-reviewed online journal published in Italian. It aims at disseminating scientific articles, short communications, technical reports, review papers about forest and environmental sciences.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)